I can’t see blood anymore so you must be OK

Started by peternap, September 14, 2009, 08:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Monday Morning Rant
http://news.oldva.org/

I can't see blood anymore so you must be OK

This country has had a major finacial crisis. Everyone should agree on that. There was a lot of talk out of Washington to stop the bleeding and the bills were introduced at a record pace. George Bush went away and Tinkerbell took his place. Massive amounts of money that we didn't have were poured into the economy.

The Stock market has recovered somewhat and despite continued tension with China, Switzerland and damn near the rest of the world, the EXPERTS are saying we are on the road to recovery.

The wave of reform measures that were proposed. are quietly being put on the back burner as we shift our attention to new and more idiotic issues like healthcare.

Our country is gutshot. Despite putting a bandage over the wound, so we can't see the blood anymore, the internal bleeding continues. I've said many times, the stockmarket is NOT the economy. It's managed, abused, twisted and unpredictable. It's a game that has no bearing on the true health of the economy.

I don't understand why the American public continues to repeat the same old mistakes and allow the same old abuses, simply because we don't want to look the devil in the eye.

Until we return to basics, we will continue to bleed internally and we will quietly die in our sleep. This crisis is far from over and we need to make reform, true reform, a priority.

Basics, in my opinion are domestic companies that produce something other than MANAGERS and BEAN COUNTERS. We need to get the Government OUT of our business. How can we manufacture an affordable and dependable car, when the EPA and scores of other regulatory agencie are nitpicking every detail. Small business has always been the backbone of this country.

Small farmers are an endangered species because of Government meddling.

Baics, those are our salvation!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!