Time to build a high end game camera

Started by peternap, January 10, 2012, 06:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Getting video's of Wood Ducks is driving me nuts.
I have a stand by the river and can get pictures if I wait long enough, but I simply don't have time most days.

I've used regular game cameras and tossed a handful of cracked corn in the water. Works OK but the image quality on GC's is not what I want and I've had two ruined in floods.

I have 4 GoPro HD cameras and 2 of the new GoPro HD2 Professional models. I use them more all the time. Image quality is great, they're waterproof to 180 feet, tough as nails and take 11MP stills, 1080P, 720P to 60FPS and SD to 120 FPS.

I flat love the little things and they have a very wide angle lens (170 degrees in the widest setting).

Some of the GoPro Guru's have been nice enough to crack the BUS codes for me.

I ordered a Game Camera Board from Snapshot Sniper. Very nice boards used in a lot of the better home brew Game Cameras.
I also ordered the bus connectors that fit that camera.

This should give me a nice little package that can go from POV camera to Game Camera just by changing the case back and plugging the BUS connector in.

What it won't do, is night pictures. That's fine...I have lots of IR GC's for that.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!