Dry Flush Chemical Free Toilet

Started by cbc58, July 16, 2016, 04:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbc58

Wonder if anyone has researched these or uses a dry flush toilet.  Think someone said in a previous post that they have one.  Would like to know what to watch out for when selecting a brand/model.  Tks.  Link to one sold at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Laveo-Dry-Flush-Chemical-Free-Odorless-Portable-Lightweight-Electric-Waterless-Toilet-DF1045/205205828?cm_mmc=CJ-_-1319015-_-10368321&AID=10368321&PID=1319015&SID=1055911807458&gclsrc=ds&gclid=CIGj8ZT81M0CFVNINwodWhcAtQ&cj=true

Hunterscabin

Love it. Best choice and works great (3 cartridges so far) Composting wouldn't be a great option in CO mountains.
Still have a pee tube out there for just water. Otherwise and final comment. The wife loves it.

cbc58

Tks. for the info.  Do you have Laveo model shown in the link ?   

Hunterscabin

Yes, I do. Look? It's not perfect. But, that said it is more perfect than others I have looked at.
My biggest issue. Women (sorry, it must only the women that come to this cabin) tend to think of it as the same as a home fixture. It's not.
you don't just pee away and not have some leakage (water) from one burrito to the next. That's the way I tell people that it looks like. A burrito.
And the cartridges are expensive. I knew that going in.
I like it. The wife likes it. My life is happy. LOL.
Hope your life is good also. I just enjoy the outdoors and the cabin. 

cbc58

Tks.   A happy wife is a happy life.

Vbrig

New to this site and newly own property in NYS Catskills with near future small weekend cabin. ..been looking for a viable way to dispose waste and this might do it..septic is to costly and compost seems to be a pain for weekend use...thanks for the post..im learning alot from this site.

Hunterscabin

Have to give credit to the wife. I had in the back of my mind told myself..... "Don't tell her yet, but it's going to be a Homer bucket for a bit"
Then she found this dry flush item. I said "what the heck". She is a Happy Cabiner!!