Discount Shooping

Started by peternap, April 02, 2009, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I had an older version of PhotoShop, ver 6.

Since I was seeking perfection, I decided to get a full blown edition of C3. After checking the retail price (2,500.00), I thought it may be good to look for a USED copy.

I saw an ad on Craigslist, from a gentleman who had a copy for sale and called. He said indeed he did have a copy and had a mobile shop. He would be in the area around the Virginia State library around noon. I agreed on the price of $200.00 and waited until noon.

When he didn't show, I called and was told he would be there within 15 minutes. Now..I'm an old country bumpkin and leery of big city ways, so I stuffed my 45 in the back of my pants and waited on the corner.
After fifteen minutes, a black, 1960's Lincoln Continental, with duct tape on the seat and shifter and no hubcaps...pulled up. It had DC plates. The fellow inside asked if I was waiting for him. I replied that if he had PhotoShop, I was.

He pulled out a DVD with a serial number handwritten on it and held his hand out for the money. I paid him after writing down his license number and explaining I had a 45 and a shovel and No one from DC would miss him if it wouldn't register.

I got home and was amazed that it installed. Then I regestered it with Adobe. Lo and Behold...it accepted it.

Then I felt guilty about making the poor fellow nervous. He was just a small businessman, in a mobile store  [rofl2]

Ain't America Grand  ;D

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Ernest T. Bass

That's one way to do your shooping. :) Glad it worked; now show us a bunch of great pics! ;)

We just have lowly ol' PS Elements 3... Does everything we need, though. At least, I think it does... If I played around with a better program I'd probably find a bunch more stuff I "need"..

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

MountainDon

I believe I'll stick with my PS edu version 7. My only concern is whether or not it will work under whatever the next OS is, whenever we find ourselves needing a new computer.

FYI, there's no specific serial number for each disc. Rather the serial number has to qualify, that is process through the install process. I run my edu copy on three of our computers with three different serial numbers.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.