Solar Energy

Started by flyingvan, September 05, 2012, 10:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingvan

Annamarie's mood, and therefore the mood of our whole house, is largely dependent on how many excited air molecules collide with her. The more, the better. Unfortunately we live in a location where the molecules of air are spaced further apart, so to excite them into colliding with her requires fusing expensive hydrocarbons with oxygen. Combine with this my family's unwillingness to participate in keeping the excited molecules inside, and you're talking some serious bucks.
Fortunately, there are devices placed around our neighborhood that collect sunlight, pull large amounts of CO2 out of the atmosphere, and produce oxygen. They're pretty ingenious. Most of the carbon from the CO2 ends up in the ground where it will become a hydrocarbon so future environmentalists can make future consumers feel bad about exploiting it....Some of the carbon, however, is stored in solid form. It's free for the taking. It takes some effort, but if I spend a good day's work I can collect it and convert it to a useful size. I'll store it in bulk until I need it. We have some devices in our house that you can put it in to reduce it-----the stored sunlight is released in a wavelength that excites the air molecules and another wavelength that's a visual stimulus to further elevate mood.
Yesterday, before our date, I had just enough time to collect two truckloads of the stuff, make it the right size, and store it in a compact manner. Shielding it from precipitation keeps the moisture content low, facilitating the reduction process.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

peternap

Yep....between the 2 houses I use a pile roughly 32 feet high, 4 feet wide and 64 feet long. :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

rick91351

Up here in the Great White North.  We store twice as much in the summer than durring the winter months.  Winter affects the seasonal angular solar tracking and cloud cover followed by what makes the great white north white.  Snow and lots of it........

Van down south would be more balanced sumer and winter and need considerable less balanced storage space.  Storage space however can be leased from one of Al Gore's spin offs from what I understand...... 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

flyingvan

You didn't hear?  Turns out Al Gore now believes it's the Electoral College that causes global warming.  Oh--and the guy that took his parking spot.  He causes global warming too.
Find what you love and let it kill you.