Video or DVD Suggestions?

Started by mountaingal, August 21, 2010, 04:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountaingal

???

Hey everyone~

I will be building a 1000-1200 sq. foot home on a slab on grade.  Need to know of any good videos/dvd's or online sources ya'll have used that include any of the following topics to help me get familiar with what I will undertake.  Of course, the videos don't have to solely teach these items only, but just wanted to make sure if I bought a dvd it would to the least, have the info. that I'm seeking included.  Thanks for any help!

1. Laying out plumbing for a slab on grade
2. Running round (plastic) ductwork and installing a supply-only ventilation system
3. Installing vertical vinyl siding
4. Installing corrugated steel (painted) roofing
5. Laying out and installing outdoor wood boiler for heating home
6. Whatever else you recommend!

Any other beginner dvds about building terminology, carpentry, tools, etc. would also be helpful.

mountaingal

glenn kangiser

I don't know about videos, and bear in mind that a lot of things on the videos will be that persons or companies  point of view so don't take all they say as gospel.

What I do know is that a lot of those topics are covered here on the forum in discussion and picture form, so if you use the search feature near the top - just above the advertising where it says  Home Help SEARCH on the blue line - it will usually bring better results than the other search features here but - you might try more of them too. 
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

John Raabe

Here is one video I just watched on JLC TV - these are orientated towards Pro Builders. The one below is a demonstration of techniques for reducing sound transmission between rooms (utility room and bedroom for example).

http://hwtv.jlconline.com/default.asp?bcpid=1184514373&bclid=1184468643&bctid=594191286001

None of us are as smart as all of us.