Recent posts

Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
Last post by Medeek - March 07, 2024, 02:11:28 AM
Version 3.5.3 - 03.06.2024
- Added a "Panel" corner treatment for "End" and "Terminal" wall corners (rectangular walls only).
- Fixed a javascript bug for window and door presets.
- Fixed a bug with the door casing (custom casing options) and end cripple studs for pocket doors.
- Rearranged the door casing section of the door Draw and Edit menus.
- Fixed a bug with the advanced options for all wall types when using metric templates.

With this release I've fixed a number of substantial bugs that were discovered by users and also one by myself.  I highly recommend upgrading to this latest release of the plugin.
General Forum / Re: greenhouse off log house?
Last post by oweblue - March 06, 2024, 05:01:36 AM
Your idea is quite unique. However, it is not easy to embark on implementation. Additionally, there are certain moisture management concerns that should be carefully avoided since they could eventually harm the wood structure.
General Forum / Re: Suggestions for sealing a ...
Last post by MichaelMartin - March 06, 2024, 03:43:22 AM
Quote from: Rose on February 03, 2024, 10:13:57 AMWhen waterproofing clay pots I have found pitch the be the best at waterproofing. I am here looking for the same answer because a pitch tub would be pretty but I have seen lots of cob tubs that look great but I don't know what they use. I've seen then in wite and tan paints

Applying a natural or synthetic plaster or finish over the cob surface. This can create a smooth and waterproof layer that can prevent water from penetrating the cob.
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: engineering calculations
Last post by rothbard - March 05, 2024, 12:44:10 PM
If this were me I'd be inclined to search the county records until I found a house pretty much matching what I wanted, then ask the engineer to simply stamp them again for me.  I presume if  this is a simple enough house surely someone else out of 100's of thousands of people already have something similar.

My county all that stuff is open.  When it came for the paperwork I had to submit I basically just looked at what people in my county did and then found the closest examples and changed them until they matched what I needed.  I always like any officials to think "oh this looks like the shit I already approved last month, no need to bother thinking much."
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: Okanogan 14x24 by a lurker...
Last post by OlJarhead - March 05, 2024, 09:51:13 AM
Two weeks ago...
Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
Last post by Medeek - March 03, 2024, 03:33:34 AM
Version 3.5.2 - 03.02.2024
- Added the following door types: 3/4 glass, double 3/4 glass.
- Added a separate threshold material option for all man doors.
- Added additional grille (grid) options for glass doors.

Last post by OlJarhead - March 01, 2024, 10:03:51 AM
Alright!  Heading back today!  Two weekends in a row is awesome :D  Starting to feel like this year might be a good year of getting stuff done at the cabin!

This trip plans are to fix the sawmill (new alternator and belt), install hooks and organizers inside the cabin cupboards (Darci wants them more organized) and maybe get some slash burned but the weather might make us just spend time indoors too.  Hard to say!
Last post by OlJarhead - February 29, 2024, 08:13:49 AM
General Forum / Re: SIP panel building questio...
Last post by DonPurvis - February 27, 2024, 10:39:13 AM
A great idea but implementing it is difficult.
Last post by OlJarhead - February 27, 2024, 09:10:30 AM
You really should check out those lights!  They are awesome...meanwhile...