God Made a Farmer....

Started by NM_Shooter, September 27, 2011, 09:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

I've known a bunch of farm families, and I've liked most of them... respected all of them. 

This will really make you miss Paul Harvey :

http://www.youtube.com/embed/QuzhwkaNC40?rel=0

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

rick91351

Thanks I needed that.  I will always remember the ties to the old farm, the ranch there ways.  Yet some times you need a Paul Harvey to come along and adjust your thinking.  Falling off the horse and a broken arm when going to get the milk cows in when I was six.  I remember first field I ever farmed from plowing to sowing.  (I think dad corrugated it.)  I think that was the summer I was maybe ten or eleven.  That was about the same time that one of the milk cows was going to calve and she was having problems and I got her in.  There were no adults around and so I was going to have help her.  No one ever delivered a baby that was as nervous as I was.  I had seen dad do this many times but dad was not there.  It was about this time there was a big strain and out came a big Holstein calf.  Thank you God!

I still own the International Super C  (It needs a major over haul.)  I thought a the time I had driven a thousand miles or ten thousand miles through hay fields when I was a kid.  As dad and the neighbor lifted bales up on to a hay wagon.  I was both proud I could drive the tractor and upset because I could not play with the neighbor kids.

My life was farm and ranch based until the tender age of twenty five and I hired out for the railroad.  I was unable to help dad any longer so dad sold the cows and the farm.  He kept the ranch and a few cows and latter gifted it to me and I bought his cows.  I am struggling now to return to that life now that I can retire from the railroad.  I so want to move up to the ranch and live there as long as the quality of life allows.

Thanks again Shooter             
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.