Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
« Last post by Medeek on Yesterday at 11:54:38 PM »
Tutorial 21 - 3D Cladding (12:15 min.)

https://youtu.be/iZ_ao2w2N_g
« Last post by Medeek on Yesterday at 09:42:25 PM »
Version 2.1.9 - 06.20.2021
- Added the ability to create custom "Lap" wall cladding materials within the Material Library.
- Enabled "3D" Lap wall cladding for all wall types: Rectangular, Gable, Shed and Hip.

Referral Links / Re: Truss Calculators
« Last post by Medeek on June 18, 2021, 09:39:48 PM »
Tutorial 20: Custom and Subtractive Geometry (17:18 min.)

https://youtu.be/AnCOlUnGKyU
« Last post by Medeek on June 18, 2021, 02:42:46 PM »
Version 2.8.6b - 06.18.2021
- Streamlined and improved the organization and naming convention of gable rafter roofs.
- Enabled subtractive geometry for hip and gable rafter roofs.

« Last post by Medeek on June 17, 2021, 11:14:08 PM »
Version 2.8.6 - 06.18.2021
- Added a "Regen" context menu item for all rafter roof assemblies (eg. Gable, Hip, Shed etc...)
- Streamlined and improved the organization and naming convention of hip rafter roofs.

I originally coded the initial hip rafter roof module in Dec. of 2015, I then augmented this module with the asymmetric logic in May of 2019.  As I was reviewing the code to determine how best to implement the Medeek Estimator with this type of roof it occurred to me that the symmetric variant of a hip roof is just a special case within the more complicated set of asymmetric roofs.  I then condensed my code to only use the newer asymmetric roof modules when creating the geometry for the symmetric case (should have done it this way from the start).

Less code, simplified, efficient and now more organized.  Also my statistical code will be the same regardless of the hip roof geometry so that just decreased my work by a half.  Sometimes it pays to work smart and not hard.
Referral Links / Re: Medeek Electrical Plugin
« Last post by Medeek on June 15, 2021, 11:21:54 PM »
Version 1.3.1 - 06.16.2021
- Updated the wiring module/algorithm to improve performance and overall robustness.
« Last post by Medeek on June 14, 2021, 06:08:08 PM »
Version 2.1.8 - 06.14.2021
Added roof cladding to the Medeek Estimator (common and monopitch truss assemblies).
Enabled net area calculations for roof sheathing and roof cladding.
Fixed a minor bug with in-wall columns and layers/tags.

To take advantage of the updates to the Medeek Estimator for roof truss assemblies listed above you will need to upgrade to this latest version of the Wall plugin.
« Last post by Medeek on June 14, 2021, 05:58:22 PM »
Version 2.8.5 - 06.14.2021
- Added stats (roof cladding) for common and monopitch truss roofs which can be analyzed within the Medeek Estimator (Wall Extension) module.
- Enabled net area calculations for roof sheathing and roof cladding statistics.

If cladding and/or sheathing is removed by subtractive geometry or features such as skylights, this information/data will be recorded and accounted for within the assembly.  When the Medeek Estimator runs it will pick up the net and gross areas for cladding and sheathing and report the correct amounts.  Previously only the gross areas were reported by the estimator.
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: Okanogan 14x24 by a lurker :)
« Last post by OlJarhead on June 14, 2021, 07:33:51 AM »

I am trying to get enough D-Logs to make an addition on the original cabin and a 2nd 14x14 cabin....got to mill a LOT more logs than this but you have to start somewhere, right?
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: Okanogan 14x24 by a lurker :)
« Last post by OlJarhead on June 14, 2021, 03:14:24 AM »
Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Recent (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 31 - 970KB. (show)
Cache hits: 10: 0.00122s for 40,635 bytes (show)
Queries used: 18.

[Show Queries]