Mended Porcelain

Started by rick91351, August 26, 2011, 11:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick91351

Poppy on his thread showed a toilet that was cracked and said that he had found out how it could be fixed.

Part of what he wrote ...... "So I googled ceramic tank repair and found a video of a guy fixing toilets with JB Weld.  He said he used it all the time in his toilet repair business.  He didn't give any detail other than to spread it on.

Another site said to use epoxy after drilling a hole through the ceramic to stop the crack, grind a groove, and apply epoxy.

So has anyone done a successful toilet tank crack repair?  And if so how?"  

Poppies post reminded me of this Imari cup and saucer I collected maybe 5 yeas ago.  This is from another era when you did not just toss a broken vessel away.  Rather it was repaired if posable.

Sort of strange even to me.  I run trains some weighing around 13,000 ton trains over 2.2% grades.  Up is not bad, down it is down hill clear to the bottom....  (For railroads that is pretty steep)  I love the outdoors and just about all that goes with it.  I'm pretty handy around livestock.  But I collect cups and saucers and teapots.  Most likely have around 250 cups and saucers.  Maybe ten teapots.  Some rare, some very rare and some well one of a kind.  All old -- to very old.  Some might not be worth a lot but I so wish I could hear the story they have all have to tell!          
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.