mower

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, May 04, 2009, 10:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

Finally, we're getting our new mower today.  Yard hasn't been mowed yet this year because DH used ethanol-laced gas last year in the push mower and didn't know that it had ethanol in it.  Of course it won't start now, like every other piece of equipment we own (so far we're 0 for 5 on the first tries since moving....)  Anyway, that yard was too big to do with a push mower, so we broke down and bought a riding mower.  At the rate it's going, we practically need to bale the stuff after nearly two weeks straight of rain!  Bought a Craftsman... hope it is worth the money and lasts a LONG time.  Wish that we just had critters to graze it to tolerable for us, and I wouldn't worry about mowing, but the year is starting off with ticks pretty bad already, so guess we should at least try to keep it under control near the house.  Beginning to feel like we're never going to really get "moved in".  Still haven't found the silverware (and we've been here something like two months!!)  On the bright side, though,  the garden is looking really good after all the rain, and I did finally get it all planted. 

glenn kangiser

Mike says to use Chevron Premium  w/Techron for small motors.  I don't often do it but thought I would throw that in there as he owns a saw shop.  Chevron is also Texaco w/Techron now too - same ??? I dunno...
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.