Well Glen getting wet yet? Were getting snowed on!

Started by Willy, January 04, 2008, 02:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willy

The West Coast Storm is a little nasty we are getting dumped on as far as snow, I PLOWED THE DRIVE TWICE THIS MORNING!! 12 inches of snow slipped off the roof in front of one door and left me a 4+ft high mound in front of the wall. Poor Glen is getting lots of rain and wind so I guess this is just winter for us. Only 3 more months of this crap till nicer weather. Mark

glenn kangiser

Getting soaked, Mark.  I went down town below the clouds then went home and drove back into the middle of it.  I put a tarp over one end of the shop-- It is blowing horizontal most of the time.

Plastic from the hoop house over my tomatoes is now against the fence.

Cleaned out drainage ditches and gutters around the shop and was soaked through.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Willy

Quote from: glenn kangiser on January 04, 2008, 04:04:37 PM
Getting soaked, Mark.  I went down town below the clouds then went home and drove back into the middle of it.  I put a tarp over one end of the shop-- It is blowing horizontal most of the time.

Plastic from the hoop house over my tomatoes is now against the fence.

Cleaned out drainage ditches and gutters around the shop and was soaked through.

Well our snow turned to rain and what a mess to clean up. I had to put around 300 lbs of salt on the driveway cause of the ice on it! Glad I have a lot here to get rid of from my Daughters Tannery. One nice thing is the salt keeps the grass and weeds from coming up in the gravel. I never have to do anything to it during the rest of the year. Mark