Back on track...

Started by Billy Bob, March 13, 2006, 09:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Bob

Well, I had promised my dear friend I would see her in her new home, and put up the greenhouse for her, (40'x80').  The plans for the modular have arrived, the permits are being applied for, and she thinks the greenhouse won't make it this year, (time and money, the usual nixter.)  Sooo... she thinks I should be thinking about getting out to AZ and starting on my small house.  Says she feels guilty about holding me up... prolly has as much to do with putting up with me the last year or so. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Anyhow, I have the Builder's Cottage/Enchilada plan set, but think I'll upgrade to the Victoria Cottage.  Might as well have a little more room for not much more work, plus the plans sound like they meet the expectations of the building department.

Did I mention my favorite pal likes the idea of visiting? Definitely need a bigger bathroom, at least!

Anybody have experience with a PT basement?  The lumber folks and USDA promote the idea, but always helps to hear from somebody actually tried something.  I like the concept but have  a concern about termite resistance, which I understand is a big factor in the South West.

Also, inre: corrugated roofing; I thought a couple dormers would fit nicely, but can't quite envision how to work the valleys.  Just wide flashing, maybe?

Anyhow, I  am excited about getting started finally.  Just hope I can figure an internet connection so I can post some progress pics (assuming!)
Bill

Amanda_931

If you've got a fair chunk of money and a good cell phone connection, that's about as fast as anything.

Trying to remember if it's $80/month total or $80/month plus the regular cell phone with Cingular.  I'm afraid it's the latter.  I think I'd go with it if it's the former.  Not that much more than land line and dial-up.

If I had cell-phone service without having to go at least up to the top of the hill for it.