looking for narrow two story plan

Started by oceangoer1299, October 27, 2015, 11:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oceangoer1299

We are hoping to build in the spring at our Oregon coast property. We are looking for a narrow two or two and a half story house plan. Thinking we will build on a 15x45 footprint. Anyone have any experience  building this size?

rick91351

That style is often referred to as a New Orleans Shotgun House or Louisiana Shotgun House or just a shotgun house.  Googling shotgun house brings up a lot of plans and ideas. Lowes was promoting a special on the plans and very basic materials sheet after Katrina.  That offer I think went like away a couple years ago.  But maybe still available   ???  Search for Katrina House Plans.     
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

trish2

Look at townhouse floor plans; some of those will be in your footprint.  Also, google 'narrow 2 story floor plans'.  I did, and a bunch of pics of floor plans showed up on my screen.  There are lots of possibilities on the Internet if you start 'googling around' with different word combinations of Narrow, house, 2 story, floor plan, easy build, etc.

JRR

If you look at the Charleston "Single" houses, you will find houses that are one bay wide.  Look on the back streets for narrow houses of this style ... not to be confused with the plantation owner's mansions near the Battery or on the main streets.

.... Look on Chapel Street, #40 or so.