Too warm to hunt deer so I'm hunting....

Started by peternap, November 25, 2011, 08:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

It's going to be near 70 today and tomorrow. The Government has to be to blame, anyway,
I hate hunting in the heat si I'm gonna drive to the city, put my 800mm lens on and photo....BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPERS ;D

Should be better n a 3 Stooges movie c*
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

NM_Shooter

I thought this was gonna be one of those "too wet to plow, and I can't dance" sort of threads.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Sassy

Peter, looking forward to your video  heh  Already saw a headline stating that 2 people were shot & 15 others injured at one place - didn't read the article...

No way would I ever get up early to make it to one of these stupid Black Friday sales!
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

peternap

So far not much interesting is going on. There are a LOT of people out, traffic in the city is really bad and I am wearing my 1911.

I'm going to put on my Replay camera which is hidden, and go in Walmart in a few hours. Maybe it'll be different inside.

The Occupy Richmond people are a little more interesting. They're at the mall that's tracking peoples cell phones. The Mall has unarmed security and a prohibition against firearms so I left my gun in the car and wore my Taser in a shoulder holster.

Normally I don't pay too much attention to that but the cops have been arresting photographers and I didn't want to give them a chance to make a charge that could actually stick.

I'll be honest, none of this is doing much to improve my Holiday mood.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

peternap

Quote from: NM_Shooter on November 26, 2011, 05:23:03 PM
Cops have been arresting photogs?

Yep and it seems to be standard procedure nationwide when dealing with the Occupiers.
They arrested one here for trespassing (Va has a statute that allows photographers to cross police lines but in this case he was on the street side of the line) The ACLU grabbed the case right away.

In DC the Police Chief said Photographers would be OK with a press pass but what she didn't say was they weren't issuing passes for the Occupier events.

I have Media credentials that I wear and it stopped one Cop that was headed for me during one semi violent protest.
Watch at at about 71 seconds in this.
http://vimeo.com/31888377

I'm covering a pro gun protest on the same college campus as that video, on Thursday. It'll be interesting to see if they carry the same tactics over on that event.