Who's really to blame

Started by peternap, April 17, 2012, 08:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Video Captures Woman Sobbing Uncontrollably During TSA Pat Down
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/04/16/video-captures-woman-sobbing-uncontrollably-during-tsa-pat-down/

This video shows a woman sobbing as a TSA agent does the pat down. It does and should enrage anyone.

But then you have to think about it. It's certainly no secret that everyone has to go through the Nazi area and many are going to get grouped. So why do it, and if you do, why blubber about it.

There is NOTHING that could make me get on a commercial airline. If I had to fly in case of an emergency, I'd charter a flight and avoid the trash.

If everyone did that for one month, the Airlines would force the TSA out.
I have zero sympathy for people that bring this on themselves and then cry about it. ???
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Windpower

Some people must fly to keep their job (like me)

what I do now is drive almost everyhere up to about 6 or 7 hours one way

it is really hurting the economy as well -- they are paying me $XX.xx an hour to drive down the road.

oh well, at least we know we are safe   (sarcasm fully engaged)
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

considerations

"oh well, at least we know we are safe   (sarcasm fully engaged)"

Your statement does not "gripe" me.  What does get my goat is the way this "security of the American people" is presented. 

Listening closely to the "security officials" and politicians, I hear them say "we want the American people to feel safe"....please note the careful placement of the word "feel".  I have yet to hear those same folk publicly state "we want the American people to be safe".

The difference oft goes unnoticed.....it is a profound difference.

Frankly, if TSA is NOT doing this invasive pat down stuff deliberately, I'd be surprised.  Its a big show of "executing their mission", but expensive for them (labor intensive) and if done often and crudely enough, public opinion will "force" them to stop....then everyone can just be sent through the Xray and microwave cookers without protest.  Everyone will "get what they want" and it will be the "will of the people" (snigger).

peternap

Quote from: considerations on April 17, 2012, 11:40:25 AM
"oh well, at least we know we are safe   (sarcasm fully engaged)"

Your statement does not "gripe" me.  What does get my goat is the way this "security of the American people" is presented. 

Listening closely to the "security officials" and politicians, I hear them say "we want the American people to feel safe"....please note the careful placement of the word "feel".  I have yet to hear those same folk publicly state "we want the American people to be safe".

The difference oft goes unnoticed.....it is a profound difference.

Frankly, if TSA is NOT doing this invasive pat down stuff deliberately, I'd be surprised.  Its a big show of "executing their mission", but expensive for them (labor intensive) and if done often and crudely enough, public opinion will "force" them to stop....then everyone can just be sent through the Xray and microwave cookers without protest.  Everyone will "get what they want" and it will be the "will of the people" (snigger).

Or they will not go through anything. I don't.
I won't go into a court house (I don't ever have to go to court) I have forms and papers mailed to me. I bypass the machines at the General Assembly with lobbyist credentials, I refuse to take my gun off in County offices so the metal detectors don't do much good...I just won't go somewhere I'm going to be searched.

It's not always convenient but no one ever said freedom was convenient or easy.
As far as being safe, I'll take that responsibility myself.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!