Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
« Last post by Medeek on August 29, 2021, 05:36:01 PM »
Version 2.3.8 - 08.29.2021
- Added shed and hip walls to the Medeek Estimator.
- Adjusted the auto-corner configuration algorithm to better predict terminal wall configurations when three walls come together at an inside or outside corner.

When multiple walls come together at a corner or junction it is arguably quite hard to predict the intent and desired configuration of the builder/designer/user.

I think what I have now addresses the immediate issue where a tee intersection was being created instead of a terminal connection, per the previous discussion.

I will need to continue to test this new algorithm further (put it through its paces) and also receive additional feedback from users.  If you notice anything that appears unpredictable or counter-intuitive please feel free to email me so we can discuss.
« Last post by Medeek on August 27, 2021, 09:51:29 PM »
Version 2.3.7 - 08.28.2021
- Added gable walls to the Medeek Estimator.
- Fixed a MacOS/Windows bug with the wall justification hotkey for all wall types.

I still need to add in Shed and Hip walls but it will go much quicker now that I have the gable walls as a template.
General Forum / Re: Best way to superinsulate?
« Last post by Don_P on August 27, 2021, 05:18:32 PM »
On ours I put 1-1/2" of foam beneath the rafters, fiberglass between the rafters, then screwed osb to the rafters through the foam and then attached T&G to the osb. It's been there at least 25 years. I reshingled last year and pulled some sheets of roof sheathing with damge from waiting too long to reshingle. Everything underneath was fine... In VA.

I see osb was $6.39 in '07, ah those were the days, I think I paid around 5 bucks a sheet when we did ours.
Referral Links / Re: Truss Calculators
« Last post by Medeek on August 24, 2021, 01:55:46 PM »
Just a reminder that all of the Truss plugin tutorial videos are listed here:

http://design.medeek.com/resources/medeektrussplugin.html#Videos
Referral Links / Re: Truss Calculators
« Last post by Medeek on August 23, 2021, 07:30:39 PM »
Version 3.0.2 - 08.23.2021
- Fixed a bug with ceiling joists for shed rafter roofs.
- Fixed a bug with rafter roofs with glulam beams that have soffit and fascia enabled.
- Updated the wireframe preview of the draw tool for select rafter and truss roof types.
General Forum / Re: Best way to superinsulate?
« Last post by DavidRaftery on August 23, 2021, 05:11:26 PM »
Welcome aboard!   If you use foam on the inside and must have drywall for fire code, that doesn't mean you can't place your pine over the drywall. No need to get fancy on the joints either, just sorta smooth with no big lumps.

I want to put 2 inches of blue styrofoam on the inside of my roof rafter fiberglass insulation. There are no building codes in my area. Can I safely nail 3/4 inch T&G pine directly over the styrofoam without drywall first?
Thanks,
Dave
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: Okanogan 14x24 by a lurker :)
« Last post by OlJarhead on August 23, 2021, 06:58:08 AM »
Thanks bud,

In truth, pine forest burn about every 5 to 7 years naturally.  The problem, as I see it, is when man goes out and starts fires!  Sheesh!  In Cali I saw that there was arson involved in their big fires!  And back when Australia was burning?  Yup, arson (2500+ fires lit by arsonists back then) and last year in the Okanogan?  You guessed it, arson.

It's bad enough when it's dry and the lightening strikes but then some wack jobs decide to help nature along via 'fire bombs'......I'd string em up!

Anyway, I digress!  We've had a little rain so I am hopeful....and inciweb seems to indicate the fires are pushing west right now.  If they went south I'd be in trouble.

Meanwhile, I made a run to Kaloutus to do a little milling.... d*

« Last post by Medeek on August 22, 2021, 10:41:17 PM »
Version 2.3.6 - 08.23.2021
- Enabled a trim option for wrapped free standing columns.

The trim combined with the cap or astragal can give even more variations.
General Forum / Re: which are chainsaw chains best for you?
« Last post by hamrnail on August 22, 2021, 07:13:27 PM »
we like the Oregon brand.
« Last post by Medeek on August 21, 2021, 03:44:37 PM »
Version 2.3.5 - 08.21.2021
- Fixed a bug with Simpson Strong Walls when "Terminal" wall end conditions are used in a wall assembly.
- Modified the "Edit Wall Assembly" context menu tool so that it behaves similar to the "Edit Wall" tool.
- Fixed a bug with the wall stretch tool so it now allows for wall stretch or shrinks that are less than 3".
- Enabled spaced headers (2 ply or 3 ply) for windows, doors and garages by using the key word "FILL" in the header description.

*Note, that the header must by a 2 ply or 3 ply header to use a spacer as shown.  Also the header description must include a string in this format "FILL_OSB_0.375" or "FILL_PLY_0.4375".  The second term is either OSB or PLY which will determine the material to use as the spacer.  The third term is the thickness of the spacer (ie. 0.25, 0.375, 0.4375, 0.5 etc...).  In a metric template you can specify the spacer thickness in millimeters instead of inches.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Templates: 3: index (default), Ads (default), Recent (default).
Sub templates: 10: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, main, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 2: index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 0: .
Files included: 26 - 707KB. (show)
Cache hits: 9: 0.00097s for 40,805 bytes (show)
Queries used: 14.

[Show Queries]