Kids + Palm nailers?

Started by NM_Shooter, March 15, 2008, 01:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

One of my favorite pneumatic tools is a palm nailer.  Great for getting in tight spots.

It occurred to me that this might be the perfect tool for my wife and kids as well.  No where near as dangerous as a nail gun, and would allow them to sink nails fairly easily without a lot of missed shots or bent nails. 

I'm thinking that this would be a handy tool for them to set nails into joist hangers.  I could get the hangers initially set, and they could come in along behind me and sink in all the rest of the fasteners.  I don't know if the vibration would be too much for them or not.  Has anyone had kids (mine are 15yrs and 11yrs) that used a palm nailer?  How did it go?

Frank
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

glenn kangiser

I'd say if they can lift it and know enough to be safe with it, let them go for it.  I don't see them using it enough to get any sort of repetitive injury, etc.  From it.

Not real loud but they may want ear plugs.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MikeT

Both of my kids, 14 and 12 have used palm nailers.  With 16d galvies, they seem to have the same problem with nailing straight as they do when they swing a hammer.  When we get down to the 10d and 8d tico's, it is not much of a problem.  But most of us have but one compressor and one palm nailer and lots of hammers.

mt