Author Topic: Advice Please - Interior HC Door With A Bow  (Read 2754 times)

Offline TexstarJim

Advice Please - Interior HC Door With A Bow
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »
When I hung this door last month, I could never get it to line up properly and finally decided my framing was off a tad.  Been applying the finish this week and noticed the door itself has a bow.  Not much, but enough to allow the edge of the door to be off around 1/4" in the seating.  This is a pre-hung 2-4 hollow core door Luan finish.

My only thought is to set some weight on the door while it is suspended flat on sawhorses.  I can't remember ever dealing with a warped hc door in the past.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks. :-\
Rule #1: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Rule #2: "It's all small stuff"

Offline MountainDon

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Jemez Mountains, NM; that's pronounced HEY-mess
    • My 15.75 x 30 Jemez Cabin
Re: Advice Please - Interior HC Door With A Bow
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 01:40:18 PM »
I believe the only sure way out of that is to hang a new, non-warped door, if the jamb set is properly straight, or can be changed.

???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn’t mean it is good design.

Templates: 5: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 37 - 1106KB. (show)
Cache hits: 13: 0.00432s for 40,815 bytes (show)
Queries used: 24.

[Show Queries]