Cost to frame a 12x12 extension.

Started by rocking23nf, April 27, 2009, 09:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocking23nf

Hi everyone, due to lack of time and some lack of knowledge on framing the roof. I have decided to pursue a General Contracter to frame my 12x12 extension. I only want the pier foundation, walls, and roof framed. I will do all electrical and finishing/insulation myself.

Any idea what a reasonable price to pay would be? I realize prices are different in all areas, but a ballpark would be great. I will be supplying all lumber. I know for new homes they charge 100-125$ a square foot. Which would cost 14000$ - 18000$, but I was hoping this could be done for under 5000$, and hopefully more around 3000$.

Am I being unrealistic? I am waiting for quotes but playing the waiting game sucks.

rocking23nf

Here are my pictures of the cabin I bought last fall. Its being completly gutted, new insulation, vapour barrier, log cabin siding, cedar paneling inside(strips), new cabinets, new bathroom.

MtnGazer

Rocking-

Did you ever find an answer to your question?  I am looking at something similar myself, and am curious to know what you ended up coming up with, info-wise.

Regrdas,
MG
"Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers,
the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters,
and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books."

--John Lubbock, 1834-1913-

tc-vt

I believe a rough estimate for cost of a job is around 3x materials cost if the contractor is supplying materials and labor.  Materials would be around $1000? for your framing job, so cost to frame the job with your supplied materials would be another $2000?  Let's see if anyone agrees or disagrees with this rough way to estimate the cost...

Tom