Pull down loft/attic ladder pics

Started by hnash53, May 28, 2008, 08:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hnash53

Several people have emailed me about the pull down attic/loft ladder we use in our cabin.  Pictures have been posted in the Gallery of the ladder.  Please feel free to have a look at www.countryplans.com/nash.html

peternap

Nice cabin. Give yourself a big pat on the back from me.

Do you plan on insulating it?
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Sassy

quote from Nash's narrative... 

To preserve the rafter look in the ceiling, we installed 2" thick foam insulation panels between the rafters. Then we cut a beaded plywood (3/8" wainscoting) panel to fit between the rafters and nailed them to 1x2 stops. If I were to do it over, I'd forget the rafter look, and continue with my wall siding right up over the rafters. This would also give more room for insulation and a higher R-value.

BTW, Nice, cozy cabin, Hal!   :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

hnash53

Thanks for the comments.  The cabin is already insulated.  What is under the finish you see is 2" of foam insulation.  I wanted to preserve the rafter look.  But after I got done, I wish I would have put a different finish up.  I may still do that.  I'll put 3.5" kraft-faced batts and then some kind of finish on top of that.  2" of foam and 3.5" of fiberglass insulation will really make it cozy.  Does a good job now keeping it warm.  We've had a hell of a winter here in Wyoming.  Memorial weekend we saw snow (flakes and the styrofoam balls), hail, rain, lightning and thunder (during the snow), sunshine, and wind.  Like I say, "Life is like spring in Wyoming.  You never know what you're gonna get."