septic panel/chambers

Started by devildog, July 12, 2009, 10:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devildog

I wanted to see if anyone had any input or have used these on their septic.
Ive put out for bid myseptic system. Id like to get it done the last week of july.Ive talked to 3 installers so far and all said they use chambers. one said hed do the perf. pipe w/ rock,but said it would take an extra dayand that rock had gone up in price.

the main reason im even questioning them is that the inspector/ layout person. said that she prefered pipe and rock. she said  theyve had acouple(chamber) that failed to work properly.

the thing that would benefit me is that they(drain field lines)  can be reduced some. Ive not asked how much yet,but the knole im building on is130'x130'. im wanting to add another house(2br) laterbut build the 1br now.

please give me your thoughts , or tell me good or bad if you have the chambers
                                     thanks, darrell

Im approved for a 3br septic. I drew another more accurate pic . I think the inspector was disoriented, which is easy to do.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

devildog

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.

Kevin

If your talking about the Infiltrator Chamber system, thats what a lot of plumbers are going with.
I know several people who have it and have had no problems. I installed this at my cabin but haven't put it to the test yet.
was easy to install myself.
Kevin

devildog

thanks kevin for responding. do you have any pics of your installation. to be honest im afraid to attempt this myself , but they dont look hard.

Kevin

Sorry no pics. But they just snap together.

harry51

Devildog, here are some pics of our infiltration chamber installation along with our sand filter.

http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=944.0

Installing the chambers is easy, the main thing to remember is to be sure there is no smearing of the soil on the walls of the ditch, particularly if your soil contains much clay. Smearing seals off effluent from soaking into the dirt and leaching away. Smearing happens when the soil is damp or a bit wet and the flat surfaces of the backhoe bucket compress it. We had a little bit of smearing, but just walked the ditch with an iron rake and broke it up with no problem. Then we just snapped the chambers together, walked the backfill dirt in on them, and hooked up the pipes from the d-box. Then the inspector came and did his thing, gave it his blessing, and we covered the whole works up.

G/L!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

rick91351

I have put in two infiltrator chamber systems.  One where we live now and one up at the ranch where we are going to build.  Both cases were very simple and so long and they are level you should not have any trouble.  There is a second issue that you want to keep in mind that is the in-sink disposers, or garbage disposers can kill drain fields.  Good idea not to include in any build with a septic tank and drain field of any type.         
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

devildog

thanks harry, Iwish I had enogh guts to do mine ,it does look easy. good pics

thanks rick, yeah ive heard about the no disposal thing. Im considering putting in a grey water system to hopefully make the septic last longer