Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Referral Links / Re: Foundation Plugin for SketchUp
« Last post by Medeek on Today at 06:50:53 PM »
Version 1.7.0b - 05.09.2021
- Components within foundations can also be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming the component instance to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)
Referral Links / Re: Wall Plugin for SketchUp
« Last post by Medeek on Today at 03:12:59 PM »
Version 2.1.1b - 05.09.2021
- Components within wall panels can also be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming the component instance to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)
« Last post by Medeek on Today at 11:36:54 AM »
Version 1.7.0 - 05.09.2021
- Added an option for subtractive geometry into the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Sub-groups within foundations and footings can be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming these groups to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)

Interestingly the code to make this happen was staring me in the face for months.  I essentially took the "roof connections" complex roof module, changed up the logic slightly, simplified it, and arrived at this new feature/ability. 

Notice that the subtractive groups cut through the rebar as well as the concrete.  Certain other elements such as anchor bolts (groups within groups) are not removed.  I may need to give this some additional consideration.

I guess we need to make this new feature available with the Truss plugin as well now.
« Last post by Medeek on Today at 01:22:58 AM »
First look at a hole cut using the new SUBTRACT keyword system:

Now I just need to set this up for the other various foundation types (ie. stemwall, stemwall steps, strip footings etc...)
« Last post by Medeek on Yesterday at 10:47:49 PM »
Version 2.1.1 - 05.09.2021
- Added an option for subtractive geometry into the Walls tab of the Global Settings.
- Sub-groups within wall panels can be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming these groups to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)

This is quite a major breakthrough for the wall plugin.  I've been trying to think of a way to enable (manual) customization of the wall geometry for quite some time, specifically subtractive modifications.  This system will now allow the user to achieve that goal.

Naming a group within the wall assembly to include the key word "CUSTOM" (case insensitive) will allow it to persist upon rebuild.

Naming a group within the wall assembly to include the key word "SUBTRACT" (case insensitive) will allow it to persist and boolean subtract from other groups within the assembly upon rebuild.

The subtractive group needs to be a valid solid for it to function correctly and its entity name needs to contain the key word "subtract" or "SUBTRACT".

What I like to do is create a special tag/layer for the subtraction geometry and then once I am done modifying or creating it I turn off the visibility of the layer/tag and only the holes or results in the wall geometry is shown.
« Last post by Medeek on Yesterday at 01:28:08 PM »
Version 2.1.0 - 05.08.2021
- Added a 2D symbol for pocket doors to the top of the wall for the following wall types: rectangular, gable and shed.
- Introduced additional logic into the Custom Material Library to prevent users from using double or single quotes in custom material names.

Owner-Builder Projects / Re: What the Heck Was I Thinking - a 31x42 Remod
« Last post by Reninco on Yesterday at 07:12:41 AM »
Before and after pics…some are not quite at the right aspect but I usually include the same reference points.
Bad Load Drop

New Driveway

Front Entry

Front Right

Front Left

Garage Digout

Street View

Old Kitchen view

Old Staircase

Sunroom Inside

Sunroom Outside

...questions?
General Forum / Re: OFF GRID POWER; various thoughts on...
« Last post by Redoverfarm on May 07, 2021, 11:52:55 AM »
Dave thanks for the link.
General Forum / Re: OFF GRID POWER; various thoughts on...
« Last post by Dave Sparks on May 07, 2021, 07:55:52 AM »
We did pole mount. I have seen metal roofs with panels but have no idea what most have used. There is one guy near us with a standing seam roof and he used some special mounts that secure to the standing seams. Your roof is the typical panels that overlap, like ours,  IIRC.

I do not like using a Home roof but have used these on barn. S5 for standing seam metal. Sorry this is late! Busy with fire season and another bad drought.

https://s-5.com/products/solar-racking-systems/
My info is the price may come down a bit off the peak, but it will be high for another year if you are waiting. Many builders are selling lots but not moving forward building the structure, and this too is another bottleneck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Templates: 4: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Recent (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 31 - 970KB. (show)
Cache hits: 9: 0.00244s for 40,649 bytes (show)
Queries used: 17.

[Show Queries]