Posted, No Trespassing

Started by MountainDon, June 14, 2009, 03:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

We've had a few discussions over time on how to provide security for our remote located cabins. One of the things that is usually mentioned is to begin with being sure to post No Trespassing signs. Each state may have it's own peculiar requirements. Like in NM one must have contact information on each sign and the words "Posted, No Trespassing" must appear on the sign, in addition to any other wording one may desire.

I've left my name and number off this sample I just made up. I was sitting here, sorting through some pictures we took at the range yesterday, and a light bulb clicked.  :D  It's not an original idea, but those are my own most recent 50 caliber holes.

I'm not really certain that actually posting this would be advised, just in case someone was shot on the property.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

gandalfthegrey

Bad Wolf

firefox

You might add the following note to the end of the sign:

Please be sure to have name and address of next of kin on person
before entering this property.

Bruce
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

Phssthpok

POSTED:
       Private Property
Trespassers will be violated
   (survivors will be shot)

poppy

Don, I passed a construction sight the other day, and there was a sign that said something like:  SMILE, YOU'RE ON CAMERA.  Is sure got my attention and I was just passing by.

I have been debating with myself on what will work well where I am.

muldoon

as posted elsewhere on this forum:

1. Go to Goodwill and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo
magazine.

3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.

4. Leave a note on your door that read:

Hey Bubba,
Big Jim, Duke and Slim and I went for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls - they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of 'em in the house.  Better wait outside til I get back.

Cooter

bayview

Have printed . . . Will laminate . . . Will post . . . Thanks   ;)

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

DirtyLittleSecret

Quote from: muldoon on June 15, 2009, 09:03:08 PM
as posted elsewhere on this forum:

1. Go to Goodwill and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo
magazine.

3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.

4. Leave a note on your door that read:

Hey Bubba,
Big Jim, Duke and Slim and I went for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls - they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of 'em in the house.  Better wait outside til I get back.

Cooter

PRICELESS :D

Back in high school my buddy's campsite kept getting trashed.  Finally put up a sign that read "I can see you through my rifle scope".  Never had another issue.
Thumb, meet hammer...hammer, meet thumb...

glenn kangiser

I put up a dummy camera with a cable coming out of the back added - $6.95 and a Video and audio monitoring sign $4.95 at our cul-de-sac.

The camera is out of reach in a tree but visible and the cable goes to a piece of EMT conduit fastened to the base of the tree -

At least it should make them nervous - no trouble yet but some undesirables seen passing through.

both from Harbor Freight
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

desimulacra

Riding my 4-wheeler, came across a nice rock bldg in the middle of nowhere. Rode up to the door and there was a sign " Nothing here is worth dying for" I left.
West Tennessee

NM_Shooter

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"