Extreme DIY hydropower

Started by MikeC, April 29, 2012, 05:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeC

A link from resilientcommunities.com led to a fascinating photo essay on a Chilean hydropower project -  Wow - just wanted to share it.

http://ludens.cl/paradise/turbine/turbine.html

hpinson

That is really interesting, thanks for posting.

rick91351

Pretty cool!!  However do not assume here in the States, that you can do the same with that stream or creek that runs through your place or property.

Before you order the parts and start digging for your penstock pay a visit to whatever agency handles water resources in your state.  Here in Idaho it is the Department of Water Resources.  Here in this state there now seems to be a huge list of compliance issues from what I hear and read.   

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MikeC

Yep, gotta wonder what it is like living in a country where one can exercise personal freedom and initiative, while not interferring with the equal rights of others.

sigh.

But hey, I suppose we could at least self-build our own transformers and voltage controllers here too, right?  Just can't use them...

NM_Shooter

Amazing display of skill sets by the author. 

Where do I hire a Gabriel to work in my yard?
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MWAndrus

QuoteWhere do I hire a Gabriel to work in my yard?

You can usually find a few hanging out around the Home Depot...