20x28 in Washington Cascades

Started by Dan, January 03, 2008, 12:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I have spent many years lurking here and have finally gotten around to posting up my own soon to be project.  I have owned my little place outside Leavenworth Washington for around 9 years now, and having a septic, water, and power I built an oversized outhouse we call the "Luv Shack".  It is an 8x10 complete with flush toilet, bar sink, dinette/guest bed, and crawl in sleeping loft.

With the kids grown up and starting families of their own I am wanting more room for weekend guests, especially in the winter when the up to 10 feet of snow on the ground doesn't allow for a tent or camper.  With that in mind I bought the Victoria's cottage plans a few years back, and with those and another set of plans I own have come up with my own design for a 20x28 1 1/2 story with full daylight basement (site on a slope) cabin.  I plan on getting permits during this winter to get ready for when the snow melts sometime in May.  Since I am 4 hours away, the building season is short, and all that snow is not kind to half built structures I plan on having a builder put up the weather tight shell for me and I will do all the rest including plumbing, electric, insulation, etc.

Since I have learned so much and grown to value the input of all the people on this site, I thought I would post up some of my drawings for your review, comment, criticism, and just plain rude remarks.  These were all done in Better Homes & Gardens Home Designer Suite 7, the long overdue followup to 3DHome Architect I started using decades ago. 

Here are the drawings, thanks in advance for all your words of wisdom... Dan

glenn kangiser

That looks like fun, Dan.

One point I would like to make is to not get your permit too early before you get started.  Maybe time it to pay the fees when you are ready to start, as, in about a year - if you are not done they want more fees.  Usually not too much the first time but you may want to check their terms.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

Looks like the classic mountain chalet should be a winner. I'd take the 8x10 though but thats just me.  :P
For some reason I like small spaces.