Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Referral Links / Re: Truss Calculators
« Last post by Medeek on Today at 10:59:46 PM »
Gotcha, #2 looked closest to correct. If the ridge cap to hip cap line was swung perp to the main ridge it would look more correct.

I was amazed at the number of users on the map when I clicked it the other night, good show!

The map is only showing the number of "registered" users.  The actual number of people using the plugin may be quite a bit higher, I'm not really sure.  I didn't think there would be that many people using SketchUp for any sort of serious design work but I guess I was wrong. 

It's too bad I can devote more time to the development, its just plain fun.  I try to put in a couple of hours after work each day if I've got anything left in the tank. 

The next big thing I want to work on is adding the timber truss module with metal plates and bolts.
« Last post by Medeek on Today at 10:52:24 PM »
The hip and ridge is now fully implemented for hip roofs as shown.

It can also handle pyramid roofs where there is no ridge cap.

In the global settings I will setup and option to enable this feature and also an option to set the (ridge/hip) cap width and thickness.

Its too late tonight but I will see what I can do tomorrow about rolling out a new version.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/7aa80c75-5183-4aed-b0fb-ee54aa094fe0/Hip-and-Ridge-Medeek-Office
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: Okanogan 14x24 by a lurker :)
« Last post by navybobunderway on Today at 10:04:50 PM »
So I replied in my post, but real question is, how much for milled lumber? Not super familiar with rough cut, but learning....also asked about equipment operators, shopping a loader/backhoe, and or tractor, but maybe a local with the gear is money well spent. We have 20 acres, like to "tame" about 5 of it....it's sloping, but not awful....
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: New Okanogan Thread
« Last post by navybobunderway on Today at 09:53:31 PM »
Hey Jarhead, sorry been on leave, sounds like we are two different ways out of Tonasket, but as far as landowners go, practically neighbors, lol.
Any advice on roughcut or equipment operators...both on our radar for initial projects. Career talk? I'm 16 year Senior Chief, counting the days (years, ugh) to 20....
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: 16x36 build thread in Louisiana
« Last post by GoosePaint on Today at 05:48:00 PM »
Blueprints...

[/img]
Owner-Builder Projects / Re: 20x34 2-story universal in upstate NY
« Last post by lostgirlfound on Today at 09:56:27 AM »
Just wondering if you had a cost breakdown at for this build? It may have already been said and if so can you direct me. This is almost exactly what we want to build.
« Last post by Don_P on Today at 04:13:37 AM »
Gotcha, #2 looked closest to correct. If the ridge cap to hip cap line was swung perp to the main ridge it would look more correct.

I was amazed at the number of users on the map when I clicked it the other night, good show!
« Last post by Medeek on Yesterday at 09:22:07 PM »
I know what your saying as far as lapping things correctly, but that doesn't quite work with a SketchUp model.  I guess the model is more representational than realistic, but I'm trying to convey the overall look and feel of the higher definition hip and ridge.
« Last post by Don_P on Yesterday at 03:35:45 PM »
In the field, bring the lee hip caps up then the windward then cover with the ridge cap, always think like a raindrop.
General Forum / Re: Crawlspace into living space?
« Last post by Don_P on Yesterday at 03:31:19 PM »
You won't have the same problem if you go your route of pouring a slab and including that space in the conditioned envelope, that is what a sealed crawl is doing. Insulate the walls and underfloor. There is a hinge created there that isn't great but probably not horrible either. You can also fill the crawlspace with gravel, screed it level, cover with foam sheets and poly, and pour the slab on top at present floor level. Half of my ~30 year old house is on a raised slab like that, the other half is over a sealed crawl with a thin slab poured over gravel and poly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10