Mobile Houses

Started by Olga, June 22, 2006, 08:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olga

Greetings.

Who collided{faced} with development of designs mobile at home.
Is available in view of transported houses (one, two floor).
I would like to learn as they are made, from what materials. A design of houses.
I have found a site of the manufacturer of similar houses www.topsider.com. However detailed a design and drawings there are not present.
If you have what that the information necessarily to me inform.

Olga
3d Architecture: http://www.artbgd.com/index.php?subcat=9
www.artbgd.com

glenn kangiser

Hi Olga.  A lot of times methods of construction and details of things done by only a few companies are not well publicized.  If we find more public information we will post it for you.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Amanda_931

And there are a lot of companies who believe that if they put in too many pictures, people will figure out that they can do them themselves and save a lot of money.

Particularly if there's a patent involved.

It seems very nice that First Day Cottages seem to have avoided that problem.  By selling excellent quality materials, customized design features, and a certain amount of hand-holding.  But they aren't kit or prefab houses.

But there's some rammed earth company--probably in the Southwest part of the U.S. who really really wants to sell very expensive training courses to dealers and builders, does have a patent on some part of their process, so they are sly and uninformative to the point of making me at least distrust them.

The most mobile of houses in the U.S. right now might be those made of shipping containers.  We're importing so much more than we're exporting that there is a serious glut of them in port areas.  A lot of people have been playing with them.