How does this board work?

Started by Guest, October 30, 2004, 02:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please register (very quick) and you will be able to use all the features such as the ability to edit your post after it is up on the board. Great for the misspelled words you only catch after the thing is up.

Using the icons and smilieys - click on the icon you want to use first and then imput the text between the brackets. The ones you might use:
• the world icon is for a link (url) "//link%20url"
• use the small frame for image urls (btwn the brackets)
• the Bold and Italic symbols are at the top
• the font and font colors can be changed with the red A icon. (Select text first.)
• I don't yet know what most of the others do!
• Preview the post at the bottom to see how it looks and then post.
• With the modify button you can always come back and edit your own posts.
• If you want to know when people respond to your post click the "notify of replies" button and set yes.

Oh, one more thing. After you have registered and logged in, save the board url to your favorites list at that point and you probably will be automatically logged in next time. Check at the upper right to make sure you're logged in or a post will get an error message (happened to me after writing a long post).

That will likely satisfy 99% of the things you want to do. :D

borgdog

The only thign I can't seem to find is a link back to the main site.  Am I missing it?

rita

underneath the title of the forum you will see a little home key...that will take you to the main page.  8)

testjohn

I will also be adding code to link back to the main http://www.countryplans.com website.

There is still some tweaking to be done on the new board, but I think we will all like it better once it is running smoothly. One thing we could never do before was edit a post after it was up — now you can.

I will also be able to do Admin. things like send update emails and lots more that I don't yet know how to do.

John  ::)

Jochen

glenn kangiser

Afraid so - Jochen but I blocked his whole range of IP addresses - so don't think he will make it back.  If so I will block him at the next level but don't want to get too wild at first = the first level blocks 255 numbers which usually seems to stop most of them.  Australia this time.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.