Floor and porch ?'s

Started by jb52761, January 22, 2007, 08:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb52761

Morning all...first, can someone point me to that old link about the "Forever Floor" that someone had mentioned a while back ? I do not want carpet and afraid of tile as I know parts of the subfloor are not perfectly level, small dip here, one there ya know. I wanted to know about the safety of using the felt paper indoors also. If it is made with asphalt, would this be a safety concern ?    #2- When I attatch the front porch overhang to a ledger board on the cabin, do you recommend planting the 4x4's in the ground or can I get away with floating them on top, like inside the concrete support blocks folks use for decks, as long as its all attatched and closed in when finished ? Trying to avoid digging the holes through sandy/ rocky soil and tree roots if possible.....thanx all.....Think SPRING    8-)

MikeT

Here you go: http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/lee92.html

I am interested in trying this as well....still have a few months to go before I can give it a go though.

mt

Daddymem

Weird...now I know those black choppers are out there.  I literally just thought of the forever floor on my way back to the computer to log in here.... :o