"Going"  High Tech

Started by glenn-k, January 02, 2006, 08:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

When you gotta go you gotta go.

Try it in style for about the cost of another room on Victoria's Cottage.

Feed Me           (Windows Media) Use your back button to come back here when you've finished.  Be sure you wash your hands.

Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

Daddymem

I'm flushed with excitement over this product. ;)

glenn-k

I think we will find, in the end, that the old models have bottomed out, they are in the dumper.  The current splash of excitement over this will keep those privy to it's advantages rumbling with that gut feeling that says, "This is the big one."  Please excuse me, I gotta go. :-/

glenn-k

Here is another one that gets higher than average marks.  Something has to be said for one that can shoot your stuff 60' down a 3" pipe.

Whoosh

See it in action - requires flash

Sorry about the ending on this one -it sort of leaves you hangin'  -like in "Cliffhanger."

jonseyhay

Does it come with a bucket for the sawdust? ;D
jonesy.

glenn-k

Just for that one, Jonesy, we are going to send you in there with a board and a saw. A little DIY project. ;D

bartholomew

Was it just my imagination or did one of those buttons on the control panel say "Rectal Exam"?

If you're considering getting one of these, don't forget to budget for the monthly service contract and annual tuneup... $$$

benevolance

All this is much too draining ::) for me...I will leave it to you experts.

peg_688

Riviting  ::)Thanks for the time spent  :) Useful  :o Not  ::) Odd/ wierd  ;)you betcha  :)  

Your the man Glenn ;D PEG

glenn-k

Thanks, PEG -- it's always nice to be appreciated for my finer qualities. ;D

Bart, I couldn't read the buttons, but I would recommend not sitting on it until you are sure. :-/

bartholomew

Don't worry Glenn, I won't be getting one. Too pricey for me. The people who can afford this kind of thing must be sitting pretty. I'm not so flush with cash that I can afford to throw my money down on the toilet.

Chuck_Surette

Glen,

While not high end, everything has always worked out with this model.

Toto makes a fine product, as exibitied in your first example.

Here's what us in the lower income brackets install & love.

This one never misses - one flush, everytime....

http://www.totousa.com/productpage.asp?PID=665

Check out the mermaids!  - Was that a babyRuth I saw floating by???

http://www.totousa.com/

Daddymem

I just don't think I could ever rule from one of those thrones without breaking out in chorus....

"It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

-Toto "Africa" 1982

But then again...
Not quite a year since she went away, rosanna yeah
Now she's gone and I have to say
Meet you all the way, meet you all the way, rosanna yeah
Meet you all the way, meet you all the way, rosanna yeah

-Toto "Rosanna" 1982

Great...now I gotta go reprogram with some Mogwai whilst contemplating the Volks Cottage.

glenn-k

Well, Chuck -- I kept running my mouse over the mermaids, but nothing happened so had to go to the text to get some action.  

Daddymem, your Toto rendition of Africa whilst on the throne somehow brought to mind Chicago X -1976 --Oh baby please don't go -- from "If you leave me now" and why would she want to take the biggest part of me anyway? :-/  

Perhaps now would be a good time to head into my office and sit down with a set of the 1 1/2 Story 20 wide plans and try to get a load off of my mind while I see exactly how that restroom fits in there.  Maybe a little blaring Les Claypool   Buzzards of Green Hill
or something would get the whining out of my head.

glenn kangiser

Another High Tech feature for your loo.  A sink using the fill water to rinse your pinkies in.

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001184.php

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Amanda_931

I haven't seen those in a long time--Real Goods used to sell the add-on type.  That's the source listed--recently--in the link.

Jared Drake

This really makes a lot of sense to me, but my only questions is: what if you can't get your hands clean before the water shuts off? Does it pool in the basin until you drain it? Some things just make so much sense it makse me wonder why it took so long for someone to come up with. Not only that, but it's affordable. This is definitely a plus for people like me who are wanting to use up as little space as possible in their cabin.
Jared

glenn kangiser

I think it just runs a portion of the fill water from the small tube through the sink and recycles it back into the toilet where it was headed in the first place.  

Should give you a minute or two -plenty of time unless you had some really weak TP.  :-/

In that case you may have to go to the sink to finish. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Amanda_931

And it will be cold water--fine most of the year around here.

glenn-k

How about this -- can be added to your regular toilet. ::)

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=10452902&prod_num=4709&module=Toilet+Seats

Even has remote control. :)

C3™-200 elongated toilet seat with bidet functionality and in-line heater

C3 toilet seats with bidet functionality use the naturally soothing quality of water as a refreshing, hygienic alternative to toilet tissue, offer cleanliness, comfort and convenience for all users.

* Features two separate water nozzles for the anterior and posterior that spray the user with warm aerated water
   * Constructed of anti-microbial plastic
   * A user sensor ensures someone is sitting on the seat before the functions are activated
   * Heated seat with three different temperature settings
   * Warm air with three temperature and fan speed settings
   * Deodorizer helps to minimize unpleasant odors
   * Continuous hot water is provided with an in-line water heater
   * Quiet-Close Quick-Release toilet seat
   * Remote control provides user-friendly function controls in the palm of your hand
   * User presets, store to memory the control settings for two users
   * Lighted bowl eliminates the need to turn on a light at night
   * Energy save mode reduces energy consumption when the seat is not in use

List price: $1300.00 and up

outhouse

So that Flushmate just uses an air check valve and relies on your water pressure to create compression. That doesn't seem too bad. It might save some people from flushing twice. It reminds me of how a pressure washer can save water and reduce the need for solvents.

glenn-k

Yep - it lets a slug of air into a pressure tank inside your tank then compresses it with line pressure.

Hang on tight to the seat if you flush it while sitting on the throne.