6 (22.2%)
Make the fonts bigger.
5 (18.5%)
Go back to the old way.
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 2

jraabe

Chuck:

I'm still adjusing the forum template. Did you change to the main template noted earlier in the post?

QuoteHere's how to change the font settings for your browser.

The default settings are OK for lower resolution screens but if they look small and faint on a high pixel count screen, you should change the settings in your profile.  

Click the profile button at the top menu. Here you can modify your settings, password, photo, etc. Click Modify in the upper right corner. You will be asked to confirm your password. Then click Options on the Profile menu. Next to the last setting asks which template you want to use. Change default to "main" for larger fonts and darker text.

You might want to explore some of the other settings as many are new options with this version.

Another method of getting larger fonts:
Both the Foxfire browser - http://www.mozilla.org/ - and the Maxthon browser extensions to Internet Explorer - http://www.maxthon.com/ have an enlarge and reduce button. Ctrl+ enlarges everything on the screen and Ctrl- reduces it.

Unless you do that you are stuck with the default settings which are less than ideal.

glenn-k

glenn-k

Hey John, I'm back-- Yes - I have used the remove button - I have to remove some of my postings whenever I get too far out of line. :-/

I used the splice button - to connect a new strawbale information thread to the strawbale info thread so that the old and new were connected in one place in proper chronological order.  I copied the missed old part to the new forum.

Split button-- I can't remember right now -- forgot my brain in San Jose. :(

If I figure it out I'll report back.

glenn-k

OK - split takes the posting you are working on and starts a new thread with the same name - I guess you could modify it.  I split the above one out then spliced it back here again - the program generated the off topic posting message above and linked to where it used to be which sends you back to here-  If I was blonde I could play with that all day - - the remove button would get rid of it.  

It also generated the moved message you will see under the place where the split message used to be  and links it to here.  I left it for you to look at. ::)

jraabe

Hummm... I'll have to try that (I'm the one who feels like a blonde today  :o) If I understand right we might use that to clone a thread that started into another topic where we could rename it and then edit out the earlier posts that related to the initial thread?

I have played around again with the main template. Are you getting larger fonts displayed in a blue theme or is the theme a gold brown? Does it change when you hit refresh? (The latest version is in blue). Does it change if you go into profile and change template to main again?

It seems like the template settings are stored for each visitor. I don't know if they are automatically updated for everybody each time I change that main template.

glenn-k

I just re-loaded my browser - on the default template all my stuff is the same - small fonts - light blue backround alternating with white message background.  Color is still darker blue or gray  look on the fonts of the posted message, except when typing the message it is black.

glenn-k

QuoteHummm... I'll have to try that (I'm the one who feels like a blonde today  :o) If I understand right we might use that to clone a thread that started into another topic where we could rename it and then edit out the earlier posts that related to the initial thread?

I just pulled the last posting but I think it will split off the one you are on and anything after it -postings relevant to the previous will probably go too- then you could re-split and splice etc. to get things where you want them - might be fun to try -or if you are dealing with the end posting only - otherwise you may get a lot of time tied up moving things around-it has possibilities though.

I have played around again with the main template. Are you getting larger fonts displayed in a blue theme or is the theme a gold brown? Does it change when you hit refresh? (The latest version is in blue). Does it change if you go into profile and change template to main again?
I havent checked the main profile yet - will soon.

glenn-k

I checked main- am on it now - my admin functions are here also - possibly I may have missed updating my session so didnt have them before.

Main is like default with big black print - no color changes etc. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bellla

I'm still having problems with the format of this new forum.  When I am not logged in the messages can sometimes have only one or two lines displayed with a small scroll box that is so small the little blue sliders are missing.  When I log in those same messages now have a slightly different format and the blue sliders are visible.  Having to scroll to read messages line by line is not a good way to enjoy this forum.  Also, why does the cursor disappear when I pause while typing a message?

Bellla who's using Mozilla on an iMac.

jraabe

Bella and Glenn:

Please compare your image to this one which was grabbed off the screen running the "main" template. This is what I'm seeing and how I am hoping others are seeing the forum using the main template.

Are your text sizes and colors different. You may need to reload the main template settings and then restart the browser for these to "take". They are stored in your user settings on your computer.

jraabe

I may be finding the problem Bella is having!

I attempted to post a wide picture (the screen shot above) and all I got was part of the text, the scrollbar, and no image. After that I went into the Admin function and cleaned and rebuilt the database.

It seems to have broght back my post and image.

Bella, Glenn and others - are your problems fixed???

Do your fonts show something similar to the screenshot?

glenn-k

When I'm on the main template that is what I see -- After playing with both I decided that I like the default better.

Why can't I just make up my mind :-/

I guess I'm getting in touch with my feminine side. ::)

Bart Cubbins(Guest)

Hey, I've been excommunicated, what gives!!?!??! I'd just register again but it took so long to earn that coveted third star and I'd hate to go back to newbie status. Other than that, the new forum looks great.

glenn-k

This one is beyond me Bart - Maybe John knows what to do about this -- I can pull up your posts but don't see them showing on your count -and you are shown as Guest too.  Sorry I can't do something about it.  Send John a note if he doesn't pick up on this.

jraabe

Bart:

I just cleaned the member database. See if the problem has been fixed. If not, please send an email to the link below and give me the user id and password you were using. We don't want to lose you buddy.   ;)

John
jraabe@countryplans.com

PS - If anyone else is having a specific problem, please let me know.

PPS: Log-in problems - If you have a problem with logging-in, hit log-out at the top of the screen and then go to bottom of the main screen and check your log-in information. Ask the system to generate an email by clicking "Forgot Password?" and it will send a message to your email address with help.

bartholomew

Still wasn't working so I'll just start anew. Sounds like it would be way more effort than it's worth (i.e. anything more than trivial) to separate my posts out from "Guest". Change is good anyways.

thanks

glenn-k

Nice House, Bart - looks like you got your numbers back. :)

bartholomew

Yep, with interest to boot!!

If you want everything to end up plumb and square, you've got to start with a level foundation. I learned that one the hard way.

jraabe

RE: Bella's still not able to view the forum properly (nor the YaBB forum itself).

She is running Mozella as the browser on a Mac OS. Anyone else running that combination? Successfully???

PS - I just updated my (WinXP) computer to the new ver 1.5 of Firefox. It has very good font controls for setting up a default font (both font face and size). In addition Ctrl+ and Ctrl- will enlarge or shrink the magnification of whatever web site you are viewing — very handy! I now hit Ctrl+ once when writing a new post - both the font and all the smiley and formatting icons are enlarged. Easier on the old eyes! 8-)