Hows the weather?

Started by astidham, September 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary O

Hey Dave, been three decades since I drove thru Pe Ell.
18"...nice.
Raymond still a town?
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

curlewdave

Not a real active place anymore.   We still like to go to South Bend occasionally, especially when we can buy the fish off the boats.  Love South Bend, but Raymond is much more depressed, and depressing, when you compare it to more robust economic times.

Gary O

Yeah, it was half shuttered back in the early '80s....wondered.

Gary O

Quote from: Gary O on January 18, 2012, 09:37:08 AM

Boy, we sure need some accumulation down at the cabin.
Chemult canceled their sled races this year....usually snow is measured in feet by now.
Still seein' pavement thru town.
But snow's a comin'
10 day fcst is snow ever' day and temps to accommodate.
Yeeehaw!

And here she comes

kev_alaska

20th straight day of -10 or below at the cabin...Sheesh... most snow we have had in years and too much of a wimp to beat around in it.

kevin
Stealing ideas from John, PEG and Glenn for a several years now.......

kenhill

Went to cabin in Nancy Lake area last weekend.  -30 warming to -25.  Brrr.  Snowmachines and Truck all started though....

Redoverfarm

Quote from: kenhill on January 18, 2012, 05:10:38 PM
Went to cabin in Nancy Lake area last weekend.  -30 warming to -25.  Brrr.  Snowmachines and Truck all started though....

But how much snow are you getting in comparison to the reports of 15-18' up there.

curlewdave

18" of snow yesterday, and an ice storm last night and today...Don't see too many cars on the county road (1)........Still have power, though....

kenhill

37 inches of snow with 9 inchews new last week.

OlJarhead

Ice rain shutting down the roads...stayed home from work today.

Redoverfarm

Experiencing a little Artic Blast.  Winds sustained at 20 MPH, gusting to 45-50MPH.  Temps dropped from 32F in the AM to 13F now. Expected to drop 2-6F by late tonight.  But somehow we have dodged the snow accumulation with only an inch or so. Predicted 8-10" by Monday.  I believe the mountains diverted alot of it.  Time to put another log on the fire. ;)

alex trent

80 day time and 72 night.  NICAs wearing jackets.  On the mtn it is 4-5 degrees cooler and steady 15 mph wind.

Bad news is that we have had 2 inches of rain thus far  in February when the long term says 0.5 for the whole month.  Bad for the build and the plywood subfloor.  Coffee pickers too.

I actually miss some of the tough winter wx and snow.

Rob_O

It's been unseasonably warm. The weather heads say we're about 15" behind normal for snow this season, despite that my place is still a mudpit
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

Sassy

We've had close to 3 inches over the past few days - woke up to a couple inches of snow this morning which made my granddaughters very happy  :)  After they got thoroughly wet, muddy & cold, they were ready to go into the house.  Snowballs, snow angels, snowmen...  just part of the fun for kids  c*
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Redoverfarm

Hope the groundhog is enjoying his extended hibernation (6 more weeks of winter).  We got 5" of snow last night with temps at 18F this morning.  Shouldn't last too long.    [waiting]

peternap

welllllll,,,,VIRGINIA GOT SNOW, Gee, I remember when it snowed all the time ???

The Valley apparently didn't get much of anything. The farm was supposed to get rain and got 4", Central Va got about 4" and watching city people drive on wet snow is entertaining ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Mother Nature is a little confused.  60F sunny yesterday and 2" of snow with Temperatures in the Mid 20'sF today and still snowing.   ???   

MountainDon

Shirtsleeve weather. And I mean short sleeves!!

A very nice day for outdoors work. Just enough wind to keep the dust I'm making blowing away.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Don_P

8" last Sunday, it hit almost 70 midweek and we loaded timbers in snow squalls yesterday. Mildest winter in my memory.  Buds are just swelling, rye in the fields is glowing, a few daffs on the kitchen windowsill. It looks like an early spring in the southern Appalachians  :).

peternap

Quote from: Don_P on February 26, 2012, 11:39:13 PM
8" last Sunday, it hit almost 70 midweek and we loaded timbers in snow squalls yesterday. Mildest winter in my memory.  Buds are just swelling, rye in the fields is glowing, a few daffs on the kitchen windowsill. It looks like an early spring in the southern Appalachians  :).

Yep...and the bugs are already getting to be a problem.
I have 8 cords of wood I had earmarked for this winter that will get carried over.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Rob_O

Had a bad weather day in our area

http://originalweatherblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/significant-tornado-damage-in.html

Second tornado this year. Going to be an ugly Spring, it seems
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

Redoverfarm

Alberta Clipper passing through this morning.  3-4" of snow and still pouring it down.  Temp's 28F.  No school today.  So much for the early spring.   ;D

peternap

Quote from: Redoverfarm on March 05, 2012, 08:01:20 AM
Alberta Clipper passing through this morning.  3-4" of snow and still pouring it down.  Temp's 28F.  No school today.  So much for the early spring.   ;D

Got an inch at the Farm and about 2 in the Burbs. Spring will come John, don't rush it. In two months we will be complaining about the heat. ;D
It's 27 degrees right now.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: peternap on March 05, 2012, 10:47:07 AM
Got an inch at the Farm and about 2 in the Burbs. Spring will come John, don't rush it. In two months we will be complaining about the heat. ;D
It's 27 degrees right now.

Well we ended up with 6" and now the sun is shinning.  Seeing that the 1st of March came in like a "lamb" I guess we are at the end of March (I wish) already with it being like the 'Lion". 

ChuckinVa

4-5" here. Big White Fluffy Flakes coming down.
ChuckinVa
Authentic Appalachian American