So Where Are All The Environmental Groups Now

Started by rick91351, January 13, 2013, 04:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick91351

The good old USA has been attacked and attacked over environmental issues to the point they shut down manufacturing here.  Where are these groups now?  Why aren't they protesting in China. 

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

flyingvan

Here in California they've moved their global warming protests indoors near the heaters (burning hydrocarbons, by the way) because it's 15 degrees f in San Diego
Find what you love and let it kill you.

rick91351

We are camped out over in Pahrump, Nv half way between Vegas and Death Valley.  Expected low tonight 20 with the wind chill taking it down to 9.

Beijing according to the headlines the air is now off the chart bad.  Getting into the article it is less stringent than here in the states and still of the charts...

"The Beijing Municipal Environmental Monitoring Center said on its website that the density of PM2.5 particulates had surpassed 700 micrograms per cubic meter in many parts of the city. The World Health Organization considers a safe daily level to be 25 micrograms per cubic meter.

PM2.5 are tiny particulate matter less than 2.5 micrometers in size, or about 1/30th the average width of a human hair. They can penetrate deep into the lungs, so measuring them is considered a more accurate reflection of air quality than other methods.

The Beijing center recommended that children and the elderly stay indoors, and that others avoid outdoor activities."

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MushCreek

China and other 3rd world countries get a pass because they are 'emerging economies'. This despite the fact that more new cars were sold in China than in the USA last year- the first time ever that the USA didn't buy more new cars than anyone else. The industrialized areas of China are incredibly polluted already. I read that about half of the Yellow River is virtually dead, with 'cancer villages' along it's banks. Not-In-My-Backyard is alive and well. It's the same with oil drilling. Since when is drilling halfway across the world any better than drilling at home? So the American economy pays while China booms along.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

MushCreek

Just read that air pollution in Beijing is 25 times what is considered healthy. They promise to lower air pollution by 15% in the next 3 years. That still leaves a LONG way to go!
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

ScottA

The de-industrialization of the USA is a well know item on the globalist agenda. Actualy de-industrialization of the entire planet is their goal. Maybe not a bad idea in the long run if a balance is maintained but that is unlikely.

flyingvan

What would a de-industrialized world look like? Can slash and burn farming support 7 Billion people?  With the entire liberal agenda being funded by the top 20%, once they are done away with, what supports their programs? 

MountainDon

People die off and those left have to scratch for a living.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

flyingvan

That seems to be the wish and plan...Thing is, the ones wishing for that seem to be the same ones that haven't planned or prepared for it.  The very same people who keep voting to have others take care of them seek to tear down the very things that they leech off of.   ???