12 x 16 with full dormer

Started by gary p, March 02, 2015, 06:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary p

Howdy folks,  Newbie here, I'm retired and have some dog house building skills. I want to build a 12 x 16 small guest house in my woods. Does anyone know where I can get some basic cheap plans that my town hall will except ?  The building inspector said he simply needs a hand sketch, I need plans to help me build.    Gary P. / Maine 

Don_P

w*
Sketch what you have so far and let's see what the group can come up with. If that works write the check to John for providing the place that made it happen.

rick91351

Quote from: gary p on March 02, 2015, 06:18:04 PM
Howdy folks,  Newbie here, I'm retired and have some dog house building skills. I want to build a 12 x 16 small guest house in my woods. Does anyone know where I can get some basic cheap plans that my town hall will except ?  The building inspector said he simply needs a hand sketch, I need plans to help me build.    Gary P. / Maine 

Welcome from Idaho the other Potato State   w*

Have you looked at John's plans the one that runs this forum?  That is how I found this site looking for what you are now looking for!
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

gary p

Rick, I went clicking around, found something re: walls, question; where do I ask Johns plans ?   Maine Spud

rick91351

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

hpinson

gary p

Something wrong with (cabin plans), when I click on it, all I get is info re: contractors to help you build.    Gary

gary p

Thanks Don, I could not locate a 12 x 16 or size request custom design.    Gary

Don_P

Back to plan A, let's see what you have so far.

suburbancowboy

I built a 12X16 first before I built my 20X36 cabin.  This was a great learning experience and was easily done over the course of a summer.  It was a 1 1/2 story, 10 foot walls and 12/12 pitch roof.  Top floor was two 12X6 areas on each end attached by a catwalk between.  I have slept 13 people in there at one time.  I sketched it out on grid paper first.  No government intervention because it was less than 200 sqft.
It primarily stores 4 wheelers and tools now, but it has served as an overflow for large groups.  A deck has also been added.  Cost was around 5 grand.

Here are some photos:

Ignavus

Hi suburbancowboy,
Do you have any more photos of your cabin? I really like the size/style.

Thanks,
Andre

Bob S.

have you looked at 12 X 16 House posted by Beavers on country plans? It is build like you are thinking about.