I've got to get a handle on the vents

Started by peter_nap, October 10, 2007, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter_nap

I need to do a little positioning of appliances or the thing is going to look like a nuclear missile silo.

Going in is a Gas range, gas oven, gas refrigerator, gas on demand water heater, wood stove, fireplace and the plumbing vents. :o

Anyone know how many gas appliances I can hook to a single flue?

MountainDon

Quote... a Gas range, gas oven, gas refrigerator, gas on demand water heater, wood stove, fireplace and the plumbing vents. :o Anyone know how many gas appliances I can hook to a single flue?
How many of those gas appliances have vents? refrigerator? water heater? My range and oven don't have vents, other than the range hood with power vent to exterior. Are any power vented (like some water heaters are)? I don't think you can mix them with non-power vents. At least here they installed a separate vent for the fan assisted vent, even though it was right close to an existing gas vent.

I believe the wood stove and fireplace require their own individual vents/chimneys.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peter nap

You might be right Don, The range and oven may not require a vent. I can combine the kitchen and bath vents into one 3". Another 4" for the composting toilet, that still leaves the refrigerator and I guess the on demand water heater.

The stove and fireplace are 40' feet apart so even if I could combine them, I couldn't.

Hmmmm ..Oh My! :'(