FAUX News Lying again (this time about solar energy)

Started by Windpower, February 10, 2013, 08:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingvan

The very second solar power is more cost effective than hydrocarbons, people will gravitate towards it.  For many industries energy costs are one of their biggest expenses.  With Cap-and-trade, you require those businesses to spend 50% or more for those energy costs than they'd spend if they move their business overseas.
Find what you love and let it kill you.

Windpower

Quote from: NM_Shooter on February 12, 2013, 09:44:12 AM
No, I used your text to get to the bottom of the issue, knowing that your arguments were full of crap as usual. 

Hey, I just watched the video and I was right about your opinions.  Go figure.  You are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  She was clearly nervous, and the vast majority of her reporting was spot on.  Failed solar companies.  Stimulus money (that worked its way ultimately into the exec's pockets) failed the industry, jobs that didn't stick around.  The new focus on natural gas, and doubting if that is a long term solution. 

She was wrong on one point.  Wrong.  Not lying.  For you to declare it as that is disingenuous. 

Let's cut to the chase. 

In order for your statement that Joshi were lying to be true, then you must have proof that she knew otherwise. 

Evidence that a person is wrong is not proof of their lying.  If she maintains that position, then you have a case that she is currently lying. 

So Windy, show YOUR proof.  Now that you have been corrected by quite a few on this board, if you don't, and you continue with this nonsense... you know what that means?

You'll be the liar.

Proof ?

Are you assuming that the question about Germany was 'off the cuff' and poor Joshi was completely 'blindsided' by the question....

I don't think any intelligent person would buy this

She sure had an answer to the question right there ready ......

Best case she was just reading the script her handlers gave her

Since you admit you had an opinion about a video you didn't watch maybe you didn't watch this one either

It is proof that FAUX NOOS lies

reposted here for your convenience

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/JL1pKlnhvg0[/embed]
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

flyingvan

Boy, if this is the level of 'lie' that gets you upset, I sure hope you don't read the fact checks of Obama's State Of The Union Address.  Not that job gains, auto fuel efficiency or healthcare costs matter as much as Germanic cloud cover, but still---a lie is a lie, even if it only comes from the President.  'Course once you tell the nation a big lie like Al Queda and Benghazi, the little ones are easy.

flyingvan

Windpower---since your clever sluicing caught Fox News in an obfuscation, please tell us where you get your news so we can be sure they've never lied, or showed any partisan bias.  I would love to find such a news outlet.  But from Chris Matthews getting a tingle up his leg to Main Stream Media failing to look at our President's college record, 'New Party' involvement, drug use, papers written as a Constitutional Scholar, and so on---I'm betting your sources aren't impartial either.   I only speak for myself when I say that grabbing this teensy tidbit then bloviating about 'Faux Noos' over it really doesn't give you much credibility.  I do, however, appreciate the set up and sounding board here---it's a great opportunity to expose the hype and weakness of the liberal viewpoint.
   This sort of rhetoric probably plays better in a forum NOT full of self reliant people that believe in themselves more than the government.
   I, for one, hope you keep posting stuff like this.

NM_Shooter

Don't forget that Obama promised to "not rest" until he had the unemployment problem fixed.  That was almost 60 vacation days for him ago. Not counting afternoon golf outings  ;D

Liberals overlook their own lying, and thrust that term upon their opponents at every chance...factual or fabricated.  Sort of like they do with racism.  But that is a different topic.  (What is the psych term for this sort of hypocricy?  Projection?) 

Looking on the web, the attention that this Germany statement has gathered from liberals is hilarious.  It's huge.  What's really funny is that this seems to be the biggest thing they have to gripe about.... fox news and their lying about the amount of sun that Germany gets.  Seriously?  Let's compare that to the list of things we conservatives have, shall we?  Kill lists, gun control, acceleration of collapsing economy, Benghazi, proven repeated doctoring of anti-conservative MSNBC video, polling corruption, Fast and Furious, ACORN, etc, etc ad nauseum. 

Dang.  We have enough to re-write "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel just on liberal shenanigans and constitution trashing during the Obama administration. 

Yeah.... screws vs. nails.  That was funny. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Windpower

Quote from: flyingvan on February 13, 2013, 11:22:58 AM
Boy, if this is the level of 'lie' that gets you upset, I sure hope you don't read the fact checks of Obama's State Of The Union Address.  Not that job gains, auto fuel efficiency or healthcare costs matter as much as Germanic cloud cover, but still---a lie is a lie, even if it only comes from the President.  'Course once you tell the nation a big lie like Al Queda and Benghazi, the little ones are easy.

upset ? I am not upset at all -- but based on comments from some here, bashing FAUX Noos (there I said it again, it feels so good to type that) certainly seems to generate some upset

IMO the killing of the BST story in FL is a much more egregious abuse of the airwaves than poor little Joshi inexpertly reading her propaganda --

Since you asked, I primarily get information from internet sources and books. I listen to the radio while driving including scanning for news, usually on the hour. Not to listen to the packaged 'news' for facts or information but to get  a handle on what is coming next....

e.g. yesterday on that pretty old propaganda whore's NPR's Diane Rheem Show,  her guests were talking about how dangerous the internet was becoming -- with company secrets being stolen by 'hackers' and what if and blah blah blah and OMG what if they hack into infrastructure etc etc'

so from that, I understand the the propaganda is supporting the tighter control of the internet --through monitoring licensing etc.

A few weeks ago it was all gun control all the time and demonizing the NRA and anyone that chooses to stand up for the 2nd Amerndment etc etc ad nauseum on virtually every NPR show (well maybe not Car Talk) lots and lots of factoids and made up numbers etc etc --- propaganda

If I want good journalism I go to some favorite websites that seem to report facts

RT is fairly good IMO. Abby Martin for example while clearly biased is just plain easy on the eyes and she calls bullshit on much of the MSM reporting -- I like that

Others might be Informationclearinghouse,  Whatreallyhappened

Writings by Paul Craig Roberts, Chris Hedges, Lew Rockwell

FromtheTrenches has some good material

Naturalnews.com

for economic insights I like Urbansurvival  he has helped me make/save some serious money 

A lot of which has gone into (of all things) solar energy equipment   

Books :  I highly recomend 3 books that do an excellent job of framing what the American middle class and the world is running up against

"Changing Images of Man"   by O W Markley and Willis Harman
(if you can find/afford a copy -- -- our owners don't like us useless eaters to get too much information --- see comment on control of the internet above)

"The Committee of 300"  by Dr John Coleman (contrary to what many rating comments say at Amazon the book is highly documented)

"The Limits to Growth"   by Donella H and Dennis L  Meadows copyright 1974 (again if you can find a copy )

Windpower

CISPA is back

Save the world from the Internet Cyber Armageddon  !!

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/pWZX1ohYMZw[/embed]

flyingvan

Huge29

I am a big supporter of solar energy and I hope that the value becomes manageable in the near future, however that does not seem plausible.  Many liberals must imagine that these solar panels are delivered by storks apparently ignoring the facts that quartz sand, metal ore and a few other raw materials must be mined and then processed; not exactly the green friendly image they try to present.  Then, the very researchers all of a sudden omit, forget and apparently try to blatantly mislead since the never mention in even the newest studies like this one http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/es071763q  that fail to point out the fact that the power consumed to produce the panels may outweigh all benefits of using the panels even assuming that they will work for as long as 30 years, which appears unlikely.  Speaking of honesty and liberals...hard to use both terms in the same sentence. 

flyingvan

I'd like to tack on to the first part of that----

I don't know anybody that hates the idea of renewable energy and gets turned on by the thought of burning more and more oil.  It's a classic misrepresentation----just like accusing someone of loving war because they want a strong military.
   For the sake of national security, domestic prosperity, future innovation, and opportunity we must have a strong economy that's competetive on a global scale.  There is currently no financially viable option to meet the energy requirements available except for hydrocarbons.  Here as in Germany, any wind or solar program was only made possible by sapping off the profit made possible by burning oil. 
   The current administration is moving us in the opposite direction of improving the efficiency of alternative energy, a goal everyone supports.  Here's why---
    Without government interference, we can drill our own oil, we can hire and fire who we choose, we can keep businesses here.  The prosperity that comes from liberty and free market dynamics is the engine that runs innovation---better solar panels, wind turbines, ground source energy, and so on.  In this free market, the company that develops the best solar cells for the lowest cost gets the contracts, further refines their product, expands, hires, thrives.
    Obama, however, takes away what little profit there is and takes OUR money, chooses whatever green company will kick back the most to his campaign, and dumps gobs of it into these random companies.  They are not chosen by efficency of production or superior product.  There is no incentive to innovate--the money pours in regardless.  It isn't sustainable. 
     I can't say I agree with the honesty/liberals generalization.  Here on the left coast, I'm surrounded by liberals, and I haven't found them as a whole to be dishonest---just quick to hear what they want to hear from an eager media and unwilling to free their minds and scrutinize the input.  Intellectually lazy, maybe, but not dishonest.

roadtripray

Subsidized or not, I am living on my property in my RV with my solar panels charging my batteries during the day.  However, as I type I fired up the generator because I have to scan some documents and I'm afraid if I used my scanner on my inverter I would discharge my batteries too far for my solar to make up tomorrow (since it's supposed to rain).  I can't speak for what the subsidies are, but I'm having to pay thirty-some cents per gallon tax on the gas for my generator.   :-\

My point is that solar intrigues me.  I would love to power my builders' cottage off solar, but I'm afraid it's just not cost effective.  If I were way off the beaten path and had to pay thousands to string power to my property, it would probably make the comparison a little different.

Someone made a good point earlier in the debate that the electricity we now enjoy in rural America was once subsidized.  I'm generally against subsidies, but I have to admit that some really beneficial good has come from some subsidies.

However, at this point I think solar is not ready for prime time.  I'm basing that on a lot of research I put into the cost of solar when deciding how to power my cottage.  I didn't use my political bias in that decision, as I really really WANTED solar to work.  The whole idea of getting power from the sun is really awesome, but for most it just doesn't add up.

Now as for solar farms in the southwest, I wouldn't be opposed to federal research grants going into certain academically-driven projects such as this.  Perhaps through research one day solar will be within practical reach for the masses.

Peace,
Ray

Windpower

And then there is this famous Charles Jaco CNN 'live' news cast from Saudi Arabia during Gulf War I

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/jTWY14eyMFg[/embed]