10 (24.4%)
60 to 70
9 (22%)
Older than Dirt
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: July 24, 2009, 12:55:39 PM

Redoverfarm

I just thought it may be interesting to see what the average age of the members are and what age they are undertaking their building projects.  I am sorry if I have left some particular age group out.  If your age group was not listed then just vote to the nearest catagory ( + or - 4yrs).

PS - Vote by checking the appropriate radio button in the Poll above.

Curtis

-Curtis

poppy

I'm relieved to see that I am too young for the older than dirt crowd. ;D

Virginia Gent

Just turned 26 on the 30th of June.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
~Thomas Jefferson~

sparks

Today I felt older than dirt.....................damn kidney stones.   :(

sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

glenn kangiser

Ouch, Sparks...

I am 58 - older and wiser than Sassy by 2 weeks.... [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Looking pretty diverse so far.  I was a little surprised at the 30 & under. Didn't realize there were that many.

gandalfthegrey

66 in a couple of weeks.  According to SS I can work and nit lose any benefits.  YEH!    [slap]

Why would I want to go back to work? d*
Bad Wolf

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

southernsis

Yesterday, I felt about 70. Today, about 45. Real age 56. It is really raining, so I may feel 90 in a few hours.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

StinkerBell

jbos333

38 but seems like yesterday I was 18?

MountainDon

Age? Chronological or mental?

63 on the calendar. In my head..  ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Drew

In my cube:  55

On my farm:  25

In my doctor's office:  44

firefox

15 going on 16 and my wifes 12 going on 13 and its been that way for about 38 years now. I'm about to retire in a few months so I guess that counts for something.
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

MountainDon

Thinking about this.... I'd say I've gotten younger (in heart, mind and spirit) in the years since I retired from the banking world.   :D

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

akemt

I'm in the 30 and under croud.  Not everyone my age is useless, though it takes more to wake up the brainwashed ones.  Heck, I'm learning all the time.  That said, dh and I are fairly outcast in "normal" society, but the "abnormal informed" are a growing group.
Catherine

Stay-at-home, homeschooling mother of 6 in "nowhere" Alaska

Redoverfarm

What can you derive from the results of the poll?  Majority are above 40.  The largest association of two age groups appear to be 40-60 years  The second of close associated age group was 50-70.  Is it financial independence, knowledge, change in values, downsizing of residential needs or the need of something else .  A lot can be said but some may just be a speculation.  Any ideas or is it just an age poll with nothing to gain.  

ScottA

Learning about life takes time John. The lessons can't be taught, only learned.

Curtis

Seriously though, 21.  ;D

I thought there was someone on here younger than I was.

I don't contribute a whole lot here, more or less just browse. My area of "expertise" (laughable) would be alternative construction methods like using earthbags and what not, to build the same house but more efficient for over half the cost of traditional building methods.

I wish there was an alternative construction forum here, then I would have a ton of posts because I have a lot to say on the matter.

But for now, I will stick to this area of the forum where I can talk about off topic things and what have you.

Its late.
-Curtis

Ernest T. Bass

I (the other young-un), second the motion for an alternative building methods subforum! That's pretty much what we do mostly as well. There's already been discussion about cob and such, but if the "green" methods had a place to hang out it might encourage much more conversation.

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

glenn kangiser

John sets up the forums, but you could start an alternative building topic here in Off topics or in General Forum and I could sticky it if you would like, otherwise you could PM John and ask him about an alternative building section.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Q

I don't come on much unless I have something I feel I need to post though, so most people on here won't know me I bet.

I'm only 16[shocked], I'm already info building and construction type things, right now I'm starting to build a small cabin on my parents land.

I'll give 10$ to anyone on here younger then I.