VP Candidates

Started by desdawg, August 16, 2008, 12:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desdawg

I was watching a little TV tonight and Obama and Hillary were making nice with each other.  Almost looked like they could team up. Hillary's biggest drawback is Bill.If they did team up I think McCain would get smoked for sure. So the next question is who will McCain pick. There was some discussion about Mit Romney. I heard on a radio talk show the other day a similar discussion. The name that came up there isn't even on McCains possible list and that name was Ron Paul. Of the two candidates I would say there would be a good possiblility the VP could actually become the Pres. McCain is 72 years old and if I have ever seen a candidate for not completing his term it would be Obama. I think if the going got tough and the tough got going he couldn't cut it. But I think if he ever got into office and implemented some of his theories he would short circuit or get impeached when the pressure came to bear. He is definitely a politician who tells people what he thinks they want to hear. Without much behind it for substance. That may work while campaining but when you get to the real world stuff the BS ends.
I might actually support MCCain if he took on Ron Paul. But not if it winds up being Romney. Then I think we would have a horserace. McCain/Paul vs Obama/Clinton. That would make it interesting. I don't suspect it will come out that way but it is the only palatable thought to my way of thinking. That would bring the uncommitted into McCains camp more than anything else he could do IMO. 
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

glenn kangiser

If Osama is smart it won't be Hillary.  He would never be able to sleep as the only thing in the way of her being president would be him.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/BODIES.html
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

desdawg

One analyst said that would put Bill Clinton back in the Whitehouse and three is a crowd. I don't think he and Obama get along.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

MountainDon

Quote from: benevolance on August 16, 2008, 02:17:29 AM
Whatever happened to Richardson from out in New Mexico?

It was driven home to Governor Bill that he didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell, so he came back home.  >:( 

You want him? You can have him, but please, not for any higher political office. He is a silver tongued hostage negotiator, but he also believes in the redistribution of wealth. Maybe not to the degree of Obama.

He hs done some good for New Mexico, but he's off the mark a lot too when it comes to the taxpayers and their money. He wants more of it most of the time so he can redistribute it. He's also the governor who is all for giving illegal aliens NM drivers licenses that are indistinguishable from the licenses supplied to legal residents.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

desdawg

Doesn't sound like the right choice Don. Apparently the non-committed are numerous and will be the swing vote this time around. That is understandable given the two choices. The pro-choice abortion people are making their noises currently.

MountainDon

Little to argue about there. There is a process for people from other lands to move here legally. It's being abused. That is one of the things that gets me so dang mad about the Mexican illegals. I'm here 100% legally!!

Dear ole Gov Bill gives them drivers licenses, educates their kids, pays for their healthcare (thru ER), even sends their high school graduates to a state university for free. Pardon me, it's all paid for with a portion of MY tax dollars. Or if not my tax dollars then with tax dollars the state recieves from oil and gas revenues. Same difference; he's spending state money on illegals.

On the subject of illegals all I want is to see them here legally.

A couple years ago he ram-rodded a rail commuter system through. It runs from south of Albuquerque to Santa Fe. Gov Bill and all the proponents said it would pay for itself. Ha! Now this coming November the residents of the three counties it passes through (I'm in one of them) are going to be asked to pass another tax to prop up the money loosing deal.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

The illegals do alot more than pick crops. They have managed to turn a lot of once respected trades into scum class labor jobs. I've watched the building trades go from good paying respectable jobs to little more than survival wage slop work. Plumbers today make less than they did 20 years ago. That's not adjusted for inflation dollars thats actual pay. I made $20 an hour in 1988. Today only a rare few make that same $20 an hour. You can thank illegal aliens for the pay cuts. I remember when quality workmanship was a no-brainer. No one would have considered doing the kind of sloppy work we see today. Again you can thank illegal aliens and the government that made them possible. If your 5 year old tract house is falling down around you thank an illegal.

desdawg

Actually Scott I think todays construction wages are a product of supply and demand. With a surplus of foreclosures the demand for new homes is down and that cost a lot of jobs. There are too many people competing for what work is out there. That situation is compounded by the illegals no doubt but I don't think we can lay it all off on them. So I don't think it is a black and white issue, there are shades of grey.

ScottA

I watched these wages stay low all through the boom. I go on some jobs and I'm the only english speaking person working there. Try gettting any cooperation from the other trades. Forget it. Yes there are shades of grey but I've been watching this happen for nearly 20 years. I can recall telling a friend back in 1990 that I saw the future of construction and it speaks spanish. We had a job stolen out from under us by an all Mexican crew who did the crappiest work I'd ever seen up until that time. Been all all down hill ever since. In all fairness though I can't really blame the workers because they are just trying to make a living. The system promoted the use illegals and encouraged them to work faster at the expense of quality. The American tradesmen resisted the corner cutting as long as they could but many just gave up after a while. Has any of this lowered the cost of housing in America? Nope.