Nailguns- am I dumb for resisting?

Started by MikeT, April 13, 2007, 08:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

Oh she had to have been nuts, they where seperated at the time Granny was in Pascoag , R.I. Gramps in Phillie , so  she took a train to NY city , ran outta money , and hitch hiked on to Philly with at least one kid in tow (not my Mom they say ::) )

She waited all day for him to come home , he was working the noon or so to midnight shift, she got his spare gun out ,from some place, and met him at the trolley station walked back to his house , she wanted to get back together , they say , he said no way and she shot-um on the front porch , emptied the gun , a 38 IIRC . Then sat at the table till the cops came .

She told then he had in the past hit her on the head with a bottle showed the scare to them , etc.

One of the TV shows I like right now is cold case , I should send in this storey to see if they'd like to use it , it's to wierd to make up  ;D

Anyway I think don't know her heart condition was due to the electro shock they used to do at that time but who knows the state place is long closed down .

Funny thing was our / my Mom used to tell us kids to " Not get her WOP up!" Or there'd be hell to pay , She never told us what / why that should concern us  :-/ as we none of us kids knew squat about it .

And really it was Grandma who was the nut , I guess , and she was of French Canadian decent or so the newpaper clipping  a family member doing some back ground checking for anstrery reason turned up , I don't even know w hat her (granda's madien name was )

I know the WOP part's not to PC eh!! But heck Mom used it to describe herself.

I do wonder about myself and wether  not knowing  was good  :-/, I guess it was , all of us kids , one bro , 2 sisters 4 total have stayed outta jail, as   have our kids , so we didn't repeat what we didn't know  , sort of .

Another thing that bugs me is my Dad parents , the only Grandparents I knew , had to have known all this , other people intown , it was very small had to have known and here it took me 47 years to hear about it  :-/

So know you know way more than you want to , I'm pretty sure I know more than my Mom wanted me to ;D
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

Very interesting, PEG.  What a colorful background. :)

I wouldn't want to have granny mad at me with a [highlight]nailgun[/highlight] in her hand.

Fred only shot me in the back once with the nailgun.  :-/
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Back to the topic I see. Good going Glenn.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

PEG688

QuoteBack to the topic I see. Good going Glenn.

The question was answered in post #2 , if your building one house you do not need a nail gun , by the time you know how to use it effectively you'll be done .

One house to build hand nail it , you'll aviod shooting your self or some on else ::) How do you think we built house's before the 80's , we hand nailed um , it builds strong bodies 12 ways along with a solid house thats pulled together.

So eh a lil drift is good , or so Glenn once told me  ::) YMMV as may mine I see :o  ::)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

As I tried to post earlier before my computer crashed, I wouldn't have missed your story for the world --- everybody loves looney bin stories --- Strange Brew was one of my favorites of all time, eh? --- and I think the question was answered to the best of our ability :)

Now to get that sneaky ad ware junk off my computer and find out what is locking it up once in a while.  May have to shoot it with my nailgun. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.