Moving to Belize

Started by southernsis, August 19, 2013, 08:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernsis

Have been getting everything in order for our move to Belize. Will be going in November.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

Windpower

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

southernsis

My best friend lives in Belize and has for 8 years. We use to live in Central America and like it there, but do not want to go back to Costa Rica or the island of Roatan. We are wanting out of the US before the s--t hits the fan. It will be permanent.

stricsm

The thing that worries me the most about the future is what happens to stock values when the gov stops artificially propping up the market.  I'm not worried about my safety - I've got a hole to climb in away from populated areas and there is plenty to eat all around me.  My retirement is tied up in the market and I'm less than 6 yrs away from when I can retire.  At this point, that doesn't look very likely due to what will probably happen in the near future.

What makes Belize safer?

MountainDon

Quotewhat happens to stock values when the gov stops artificially propping up the market.

market goes down. happened after QE1, QE2 and so on. I believe we are at QE4 which I think is scheduled to expire soon.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

UK4X4

belize

high lands or the cayes ?

I passed through there over 20 years ago back packing my way to tikal

southernsis

San Ignasio, the highlands. Already have a business lined up..