Yarnell Hill Fire

Started by upndown, July 05, 2013, 09:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upndown

It's hard to believe it's only been a week since my lady friend called me to say there was a small brush fire around Yarnell, We were to meet at my place in Peeples Valley then head north for some fishing. Well plans changed and I didn't head up till Sunday morning. My buddy built a house up the hill from me, so I called him to see if they needed anything only to find them throwing the last Personal items in the trailer and getting off the mountain, the Fire was only a couple thousand yards from their home!

I turned around and went home, turned on the TV and got on line, Apparently as we were headed for the safety of the Valley ,the winds shifted and the Fire headed for neighboring Yarnell. A report came on the News that they had lost communications with 20 Firefighters, Then the Heartbreaking news that 19 Brave Young Men were gone!

Thanks to the efforts of all the Firefighters on the ground as well as in the air, Peeples Valley was sparred, nothing was burned..But we all lost so much that day!