lcd/led tv

Started by nysono, February 10, 2012, 11:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nysono

I've done quite a bit of research on having lcd/led tv in a unheated camp but was looking for opinions/experiences of the folks on here.  Any comments???  Temps definately get well below freezing, coldest I have seen so far this year is 20F, in camp

Squirl

I have left my laptop out overnight in 0 degree weather a few times. I wouldn't try to use them until you get your camp warmed up, though. LCD's never looked right when they are close to freezing temp..  There was no permanent damage. Check for ones that are cold rated.

MountainDon

We've left an LCD TV in our cabin ever since it was built. Before that the same LCD TV was in the RV, all the time. Temps have dropped to -20 at times. TV works. We do nothing special other than let it warm with the rest of the things in the cabin when we light the fires.   The mfg should have temps in their specs; storage and operating.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

itpdk9

X2 on the let it warm up with everything else and there shouldn't be an issue. I think the only proble, would be turning it on when it is freezing cold without allowing the room to warm up.

nysono

Thanks to all for the responses, that is about what all the researching I have done has said, let them warm up before turning on.