Getting Closer

Started by DaveOrr, March 12, 2015, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveOrr

Thanks all!!!
Hope to finish putting the roof sheathing on this weekend.
Maybe even some gable end sheathing if I have time.
Dave's Arctic Cabin: www.anglersparadise.ca

DaveOrr

Got out to the cabin on Friday night and worked hard all day Saturday before heading back to town before dark.
Would have stayed out all weekend but there is a front moving through tonight and they are calling for some pretty crappy weather tomorrow.
45 kph winds gusting over 70 kph out of the East. They are the worst for my place. Coming straight into my dock from across the lake.
There will probably be 3-4 footers hitting my shore. Not good winds for carrying sheathing on top of the cabin. 

Got some more sheathing done on the South side as well as some on the North side. Also got a bunch of my collar ties temporarily in place so I could remove the center brace and crane.
I will level out all the collar ties when the loft is in place.

Dave Sparks

Good Luck with the weather!  It is one of the best things in life to watch a major front pass thru safe and warm in your home!
"we go where the power lines don't"

DaveOrr

Crappy weekend this week.   :(

Sick on Saturday, good day on Sunday and rain on Monday.
I didn't get done what I wanted to but did get a little done before heading home early due to the weather. Too dangerous to be up on the roof when it's wet.

Saturday I was able to work for 10 mins before taking a 30 min break. Too weak from the sickness.
Got the door in and some of the exterior sheathing and tuck taping done on the front and South side. Also got half of the back gable end sheathed.

Sunday I got all of the blocking on the North side rafters done as well as the eve and front fly rafters. I redid the sheathing as it wasn't working out from the top down.

Hopefully next weekends weather is good and I can get the roof finished.

Dave Sparks

Hope all is well up there Dave!  Did you get the weather seal up for winter?

DaveOrr

Quote from: Dave Sparks on October 11, 2015, 10:36:17 AM
Hope all is well up there Dave!  Did you get the weather seal up for winter?

I guess I forgot to update this topic Dave.
So here it is. :)

Got the roof sheathing all finished today!!!   [cool]
Still have the rear gable wall to finish.

Made it out to the cabin today.
The weather was less than stellar but at least the winds weren't too bad.

Had to bundle up for the ride up the lake in the cold and snow.   ;D

Got the gable end sheathing done!!!     [cool]

Also got some of the holes in the crawlspace closed up and some tarps up to help keep the snow out.

Next weekend it will be time to pull the dock for the winter.

Took the day off work today.    :)
Got the dock pulled for the winter today.
I also started disassembling the shabby shack and cleaned up the site. Moved all of the lumber needed inside to it's location and other lumber is stored under the cabin. Moved all of the skids out of the way as well. I even managed 2 hours of fishing. Poked over a dozen poikes in that time. A couple of good ones in the 15# range as well as a couple of monsters lost. I know at least one was in the 20+ range.    [cool]

Will get some interior work done over the winter but now it's time for some fishing before freeze up which won't be long now.

Dave Sparks

Thanks Dave! Very cool!  Have a great winter and send some  water to California. If you don't we could loose 1/3 of our Ponderosa's.
Our new place was in similar state and did fine for the winter. Took us 2 years after the shell.