Forum Portal

Started by MountainDon, December 27, 2011, 08:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

An experiment we are trying. This allows us to remove the News section from the top of every forum page and tailor the portal to a version for guests and a version for members. We can highlight some helpful topics for new members as well as any other useful or interesting links.

Comments?
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Naturally I hate change!  However in the same breath I will report it was painless to click on GO TO FORUM.  Traumatic as it was I got it done......

Rick
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

John Raabe

Nice work Don!

This can probably evolve into a valuable landing page.

Not yet sure how to edit this.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

Quote from: rick91351 on December 28, 2011, 12:38:46 AM
Naturally I hate change!

:)   You're not alone in that... That's why I tried my best to make it easy to find how to get to the normal forum topics page.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Don; I do like the link to the plan site.  How does it look moved to front and center?     
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.