ridge vent

Started by MarkAndDebbie, August 21, 2007, 09:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peg_688

....and just look at how much your typing skills have improved over the last couple of years. ;D

Ya and my speelins gettin better as well  ;D, but I do spend a lot of time editing >:(

MountainDon

Since I started using Firefox with its spell checker I don't edit as much. But editing is still a too frequent occurrence.  ::)

I did it just now!

glenn-k

Firefox corrects your typing as you do it - underlines in red as you type it wrong and gives you right click choices for the right word -- or sometimes depending on how bad the speeling error was --- a word that is totally out of this world. ;D

glenn-k

Dang Don -- great minds, eh????   :-?   ;D

MountainDon

I do love those weird off-the-wall corrections it comes up with at times!

And yes.  :) :) :)

peg_688

I don't need no darned spell checker ! The one I had before I updated I/E was nice . F/F  was bomb for me it only lasted about 2 days and unloading it was a PITA. Just quit working IIRC.

That one you sent me Glenn that beeped or danged what ever it was drove me nuts with the noise so I do it the old fashion was , I look words up in Funk & Wagnalls   ;D So add that to poor typing skills and poor spelling basics / skills , words that are some what alike , seems / seams , , that why I really like lead, ya can' go wrong , is it a metal or the dog in front , or maybe in back of the dog pack .  

Gad nite all , Ernie you better not be bustin my nads  eh ;D  

glenn-k

...but where has all of this led you to, PEG. :-?  Led Zeppelin music plays in the background, as PEG checks out yet another problem word.

... and Tinyspell -- the one I sent you -- I'm sure if I recall correctly you can turn the dinger off in options.  Then it will just sit there turning yellow waiting for you to check out the proper word from a big list of possible words.  G'night, PEG.  ;D

Okie_Bob

Hey guys, not to beat a dea horse but, I think maybe I caused the problem about the thru wall vent. I refered to it in my previous post trying to answer the original question.
What I was talking about was my fireplace vent for a direct vent fireplace...as I recall it being named.
If you go to my blog and scroll all the way down to the very last picture, you'll see how my firebox is framed into the wall and the vent comes up about 4' then makes a 90 degree turn into (thru) the wall. This is a double wall vent pipe made especially for this application. It is about 9" OD with about a 5" OD inner pipe. One sucks fresh combustion air in and the other exhausts out. No big deal.
I only bring it up to hopefully confuse everyone even more!
Okie Bob
Peg, I agree..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ernest_T._Bass

I don't see where the confusion lies... I'm simply exploring my options, trying to find a solution that will be effective, leak-proof and (somewhat) easy to install. There's no need to get impatient.. If you've got better things to do, (like trying to find a decent spell checker...  ::)), don't bother answering my questions.

I thank you all for the help you have offered. If the jack vents are going to be leaky anyway, I guess I'll look into venting the gables.

Thanks again,
Andrew

glenn-k

I think it is wise to explore all options then see what the best solution is for you, Andrew.  I have no problem with that.  Questions just bring out answers that we may never have gotten to otherwise.  Thanks for posting here. :)