26 X 36 in Acworth, NH

Started by 325ABN, May 31, 2010, 08:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

325ABN

Had this delivered today. 1986 Cat 205LC

diyfrank

Home is where you make it

325ABN

No, I rented it untill the end of May. :)

diyfrank

Well that should be enough time to take care of things.   [cool]
Home is where you make it

cbc58

looks great.  was that septic system $9,500 doing it yourself or what it cost to have someone put it in?  ... also... it appears that the top of your covered system has a slope and is not level.  is your final grade a slope or will it be level?  curious from a design/grading standpoint. 

325ABN

The price was for the system installed. The slope at the top of the system in not part of the system, the system starts where it levels out. The slope is  the elevation change from the grade of the home down to the system itself.

325ABN

Two inch rigid foam and just under 1000 feet of 5/8 radiant heat tubes in place. Hope to pour slab this week. Should be nice and comfy once this mass gets heated up.

325ABN

The floor is poured.

A shot of my 7Yo putting his handprint and name into the floor for all of eterity.

The last of the pour with a peek of the last little bit of radiant tubing to never be seen agian!(I hope).

This is the manifold I made for my radiant system. I pressure test the system to 50psi.

riverbrooke

Nice radiant system. I am looking into a hydronic system now. No more replacing my furnace filter .

325ABN

325ABN

We now have four walls and a roof although I still need to lay the foam and rubber down on it. I picked up 40 sheets of once used 3" foam for free and more than enough 60mil rubber for $200. Still working on the back fill.

speedfunk

one hell of a score on the insulation ...very nice

Is the roof almost flat?  Looks good btw :)   c*

Lookin again does it slope gently towards that back?

325ABN

No, it is a flat roof. Got the insulation and rubber laid today and will glue the seams tommorow.

speedfunk

sweet....that is pretty exciting ......we are still on our roof  d*  ...getting there though

325ABN

pocono_couple

Hey there,  nice job.  I saw your question on our page about the stove that we put in.   it is a jotul firelight 600.  we just got back from new hampshire.   we spent a day at cannon mtn.  and the rest of the time visiting friends and family.   I used to live in Wolfeboro.   We are currently in the process of buying a lot in alexandria NH.  I am hoping to close sometime in the next month or two.   of course, I have a lot of work to do to finish the house down here, but i am already planning on how to proceed with the land in NH.  Like we did down here, we will probably start with a shed, but it will be bigger and may provide shelter for my tools and for me while we start on phase one of our project up there..  we will have to start a new thread when we get started!   it looks like your stove is going to keep you warm this winter..   is your radiant heat in place?  what kind of boiler are you using?  did you design the whole system yourself or did you work with a company?   I was in touch with radiantec from vermont ,  and i still might install radiant heat down here, but only if i need to.. i would love it if the stove does the job by itself..  best wishes for your project during the new year!