MAy 12,2005   10:52 am central

Users online

17 Guests, 5 Users

Jimmy Cason, Pox_Eclipse, chrisbrowning, rwalter, Daddymem  

jraabe

Will our popularity spoil us?

Only time will tell...

jraabe

Today we passed 500 members and we're getting close to 5,000 posts. That's when the search feature starts to become really useful.

glenn-k

I talked to a friend a couple days ago, who I'm going to build a building for.  He was really impressed with the information on this site and gave someone else the URL for it. :)

Jared

Why won't the search function allow periods? I can't search "1.5 story" because of the decimal.
Jared

glenn-k

I'm not sure why you had a problem - I just tried it and got 15 posting replies.  Glenn

Jared

Now it'll take the decimal but I get this:

The requested number of results is higher then the maximum number allowed by the system.
Maximun Search Results Allowed = 15

I'm getting irritated
Jared

glenn-k

Try it again - see if it works now.

Jimmy_Cason

QuoteMAy 12,2005   10:52 am central

Users online

17 Guests, 5 Users

Jimmy Cason, Pox_Eclipse, chrisbrowning, rwalter, Daddymem  

Remember the good old days?

Look at what we have now..... As of Saturday Jan.14th 2006

Most Users ever online was 35 on Yesterday at 7:58am
Most Members ever online was 13 on Jan 12th, 2006, 6:30pm
Most Guests ever online was 29 on Jan 12th, 2006, 5:56pm

glenn-k

I've been watching that, Jimmy--- they seem to keep coming in spite of us.  :-/

Note that we reached 800 members today too, and a great bunch they are. :)

jraabe

Yes, amazing. Still no one who seems bent on pissing everyone off. Seems almost Unamerican doesn't it? 800 members and not at least one jerk!??  :-?

tjm73

QuoteYes, amazing. Still no one who seems bent on pissing everyone off. Seems almost Unamerican doesn't it? 800 members and not at least one jerk!??  :-?

I can fill that role if you need me too.  ;D  :D j/k  I'd rather not.  I like how everyone here gets along.  I've only found two boards where so many people get along so well.  This one and a motorcycle board.

Jimmy_Cason

Most Users ever online was 41 on Feb 12th, 2006, 4:48pm
Most Members ever online was 13 on Jan 12th, 2006, 6:30pm
Most Guests ever online was 40 on Feb 12th, 2006, 4:48pm

The 12th of the month seems to be the day to be on country plans web site.

What is the difference between users, members,and guests?
Are users members that have not logged in?

glenn-k

Users include members and guests.  Guests can include members who have not logged in or non-members.  High amounts of guests and members don't seem to occur often at the same time, so user high can occur at a different time.

Amanda_931

Hey, I just put the 10,000 post in the general section.

Sassy

Wow, Amanda!   :o  8-)  For some reason it makes me think of the Greek "alpha & omega..."  

"A"manda posted the 10,000th post & "Z"imZum was the 1000th member to sign up...  don't know if there is any meaning to that...   :-/   ;)

Amanda_931

durned if I know!  It may be just because 1,000 follows 999 (and 10,000 follows 9,999).

bil2054

Why, it's:
"Design -Build Forum "A" to "Z";
Thousands and thousands served"

With apologies to Micky D's.
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

glenn-k

Lots of web spiders here indexing us lately.  Probably going to get busier.

jraabe

I'm not sure the spiders can actually read and link to the forum topics. I would love it if they could but I'm not sure YABB can do that. (It would also make searching easier!)

As a second topic... Let me know if you like (or at least can tolerate) the Google ads I added to the forum today. I notice that the ads will adjust to the topic of discussion. One question on water softeners had information in the ads on water softeners, supplies, etc. That might actually be helpful sometimes! (and it does help the site, of course).

Maybe Google can read the topics  :D - it may be smarter than I think. (I think, therefore I Google  :))

Amanda_931

Sometimes the google ads are really funny in context.

The treehugger bit about the bicycle powered washing machine kind of buffaloed them--so we got a link so we could learn about how Colorado has soooo much oil.

Not a really funny one, though.  Those come when we are asked to go to eBay for Kantian philosophy.

By the way, Google advertisers are kind of a weird bunch.  Caveat Emptor.  Buyer beware.

jraabe

Amanda:

Doesn't that same advice hold for the Internet in general?

Probably including the advice we all spout off with here!  :D

As for the Google ads, most of us will soon ingore them... However, I found this neat little tutorial on pole buildings from a Google Ad link this evening. Quite valuable.

http://www.easybuildings.com/features.html

glenn-k

I'm not sure why the spiders are here - Inktomi - AOL MPC?  lots of them swoop in on us per IP addresses.

You do find us on Google searches quite often.

The Google adds are no problem for me ---they must be able to read it if they can apply relevant adds.

Not from a spider search but check us out - mention in LA times--

http://www.latimes.com/classified/realestate/printedition/la-re-smaus30nov302003,0,5283273.story?coll=la-class-realestate

jraabe

Well, I'll be danged! That was a pretty nice write up.  :D

Glenn: How are you watching the spiders crawl our site? I don't think I know how to do that.

Jimmy_Cason

Quotemention in LA times--

http://www.latimes.com/classified/realestate/printedition/la-re-smaus30nov302003,0,5283273.story?coll=la-class-realestate

Is Robert Smaus a member here? If not, I think should we invite him to post progress pictures of his place as he builds.

Robert Smaus can be reached at rsmaus@earthlink.net.

We are almost Famous!

I cant wait for one of those DIY Channels to do a piece on Johns Designs, They could tour a project or two each week built by our members!