Where did the "Total Time Online:" counter go?

Started by MountainDon, March 27, 2010, 05:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

The more observant members will have noticed that the Total Time Online counter recently disappeared from the forum page header. Some have mentioned that its presence was irksome. Some used other terms.

This past week I discovered the 16 lines of code (out of some 600  :P) that produced that line. Before flying into a panic, if you can't live without knowing the amount of time logged in here, the clock still ticks. The sum total of your life on Country Plans Forum may be found in your Profile. Open your profile page. Click on Show Stats in the left sidebar. The sordid details will be presented for your pleasure/displeasure.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John Raabe

Looks good to me Don.

Cleaner and snappier and more room for what we want to see - posts and forum links. :D

On the blue header line (where your name is at the left) find the +/- button on the right of the time. Clicking this button will let you shrink or expand the header and the rules and site links. This should be expanded as the default since new users need this information. Once you know your way around, the header can be shrunk to give you more screen space.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

I originally used that trick to hide the doomsday clock, but I like and use the other two items there;

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Hmmm....   .....   ;D ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.