cargo trailer advise

Started by tamz75, May 24, 2017, 07:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamz75

My husband and I are just staring a cargo trailer conversion. We started off with taking down the chip board and installing foam isolation. We also insulated the roof. We put the chip board back up and painted the floor with Killz sealant paint. Our next step is going to be installing ventilation. There are two small vents (both are about 2.5" in diameter) currently in the cargo trailer (one on the left hand side of the v-nose and the second one is in the bottom right hand corner in the back. I am in need of some advise:  do we have to install a roof vent/fan? My husband has an idea and I am not sure if it is safe or do able... He was thinking of enlarging one of the current vent holes and installing a cooling fan, do you think this will be sufficient?  We will only be camping in the trailer in summer for a few days at a time. Any advise would be most welcomed. Thank you for your time.
I should also mention that we will not be cooking inside the cargo trailer. Thx

MountainDon

You might want to have a look at the Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers forum. Lots of CT conversions over there.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.